Details: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
550 Montgomery Street, Suite 700
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Status: Part-time (non-exempt) 10:00 am – 2:00 pm Monday – Friday
About Horizons Foundation
Horizons Foundation fuels the LGBT movement by increasing philanthropic support for diverse San Francisco Bay Area nonprofits; strengthening organizations and their leaders; mobilizing donors and funders to inspire giving; and securing the LGBT community's future for generations to come through endowment and planned giving. Founded in 1980, Horizons was the world's first community foundation focused on LGBT issues. For more information about our programs, please see our website at www.horizonsfoundation.org. The foundation's offices are located in downtown San Francisco.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the general administration of office operations of Horizons Foundation. Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to staffing reception, providing administrative support and basic office maintenance, offering excellent customer service to Horizons’ many internal and external stakeholders, supporting the executive director, and assisting in grantmaking operations.
Reception and Office Management
- Staff front desk reception including answering telephone, routing calls, and greeting visitors to the office
- Manage office, maintain office supplies, and equipment – including interacting with and managing vendors
- Regularly check and route Horizons’ general and grants email accounts
- Pick up mail daily and coordinate outgoing mail
- Record checks for deposit
- Coordinate staff coverage of front desk during office hours
- Provide support to CEO with various administrative and scheduling tasks as well as other projects as assigned.
- Correspond with donors, volunteers, and nonprofit organizations by email and mail as needed
- Coordinate meeting logistics and materials for Horizons’ Board of Directors meetings as well as other meetings as needed
- Attend and record Board of Director meeting minutes (approx. six per year)
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President of Grants, Programs, and Strategic Initiatives as needed
- Provide administrative support to Horizons’ grantmaking department, including grant application processes, mailings, application tracking, and coordination of grant review panels
- Assemble, process, mail and file grantmaking contract and progress report
- Assist in maintaining organizational directories and grants database – both digital and hard-copy files
- Provide administrative coordination and event support to grantmaking events and programs
- Occasional evening and weekend work hours required at various times throughout the year, in particular supporting Horizons’ annual events and grantmaking meetings
- Other administrative and support duties as assigned
Prefer 2 to 3 years of experience in similar position
Minimum 2 year Associate Degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred, or commensurate work experience
Excellent communications skills and customer service in person, on the phone, and electronically
High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs and Adobe Acrobat Pro, including mail merges and document assembly both in word and PDF
Working knowledge of/with CRM databases, Salesforce preferred
Superb attention to detail and commitment to quality
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret correspondence and documents including responding effectively to sensitive inquires and complaints when appropriate
Ability to maintain high degree of privacy and confidentiality
Capable of working independently in a small, fast-paced office environment and ability to take initiative and complete project assignments independently and on‐time.
Organizational skills and ability to perform job requirements efficiently and orderly.
Creativity, outgoing personality, and ability to work well with many types of individuals
Commitment to the LGBT community
Physical Requirements: This job requires the ability to lift up to 45 lbs. and other physical abilities required to actively participate in office management and grantmaking operations.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Submit resume and letter of interest to:
Admin Assistant Search
ATTN: John Marvuglio
550 Montgomery Street, Suite 700
San Francisco, CA 94111
You may also email the above as PDF or Word Attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting material via email, please include both cover letter and resume/CV as separate attachments with the file naming convention Last Name, First Name – Document Type ( ex: Smith, Joan – Resume).
Horizons Foundation is deeply committed to diversity and invites all qualified people to apply.
Horizons strongly encourages applications from people who identify as transgender, people of color, and people with disabilities.
Position will be open until filled.
Minimum Education Required