Details: commensurate with experience
1203 19th St. NW
Title: Office Manager
Reports to: Director, Operations
Location: Washington, DC
LOE: Full-time, Regular Staff position
Forest Trends is an international non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. that works to expand the value of forests to society. We work to promote sustainable forest management and conservation by creating and capturing market values for ecosystem services; to support innovative projects and enterprises in these new markets; and to enhance the livelihoods of local communities living in and around critical ecosystems globally.
We are seeking an Office Manager to ensure efficient day-to-day functioning of Forest Trends’ office and support the CEO and Director of Operations in their duties. This includes a range of responsibilities with a focus on running a dynamic office and supporting processes and systems related to grants management, HR and fundraising.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Office Management: Manages the maintenance and functionality of the office space, which entails overseeing cleanliness, orderliness, supplies, access, functionality of equipment, customer service and reception responsibilities, and calendar coordination.
· Maintains office space and equipment, coordinating with appropriate vendors for additional maintenance and service needs.
· Administers office keys, ensuring office is secured during holidays and inclement weather, and communicating closures to staff, provide ready office space and equipment for new staff, and assisting with instruction and use of office equipment.
· Greets visitors, answers incoming calls, distributes mail and oversees conference room calendar, coordinating and setting up meetings and conference calls, including hiring catering, etc., as needed.
· Ensures office material purchasing meets FT’s procurement and environmental standards.
Support to Director of Operations:
· Supports HR processes including employee benefits enrollment, recruiting, and on-boarding.
· Supports contracting processes.
· Maintains and manages grants management process.
Support to CEO:
· Maintains of fundraising databases and on-line donor portals and assists in the submission of grant proposals and requests for support.
· Provides administrative and logistic support to on-site meting including of the Board of Directors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
· 3-5 years of demonstrated experience.
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Interpersonal skills, comfortable liaising with diverse array of people from across the globe, as well as an ability to work with diverse working styles.
· Ability to work independently as well as closely with others.
· Ability to multitask as well as prioritize urgent and important work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to appropriately use and manage various office systems.
· Ability to work with the suite of MS Office programs, including ability to format text and charts.
· Dedication and motivation to serve Forest Trends’ mission.
generous benefits package
Level of Language Proficiency
fluency in english required
spanish preferred, but not required
Minimum Education Required