The National Alcohol Beverage Control Association (NABCA), located in Alexandria, VA, was founded in 1938 and is the national trade association representing the political jurisdictions that directly control the distribution and sale of alcohol within their borders. NABCA's mission is to support alcohol control systems by providing health, safety and economic research, offering data analytics for the advancement of efficient alcohol regulatory systems, fostering relationships with key stakeholders, and managing resources to address pertinent policies regarding the responsible sale and consumption of alcohol.
NABCA has an immediate vacancy for a Meeting Manager to provide. The Meeting Manager oversees the Meetings Department and plays a key role in ensuring the successful execution of the logistics required to support the Annual Conference, Board of Directors Meetings, Legal Symposium, Administrators Conference, and other NABCA meetings and events. The Meeting Manager reports to the Sr. VP for Administration/CFO.
- Manage Meetings Department staff. Coach, mentor and motivate team members. Oversee responsibilities and monitor progress. Establish timelines and project plans to ensure that meeting deadlines are met. Conduct regular departmental and one-on-one meetings as well as annual performance reviews.
- Research venues that are suitable for NABCA's meeting requirements; conduct site visits and make venue recommendations.
- Negotiate contracts for NABCA's conferences and meetings as requested; obtain final approval from the Sr. VP of Administration/CFO; continually monitor all contracts and amend in a timely fashion to meet changing meeting needs.
- Manage logistics of the Annual Conference, meetings and other events including registration, housing, banquet event orders, function space arrangements, audio-visual needs, speaker requirements, exhibit and production service vendors, and activities. Manages staff responsible for ensuring that attendee inquiries and needs are addressed.
- Lead the development and production of meeting publications, marketing materials, onsite programs, apps, etc.; identify appropriate vendors for design/print/app services; work collaboratively with the Communications department to ensure that meetings-related pages on NABCA's web sites are updated in a timely fashion.
- Work collaboratively with Directors, Executive staff, NABCA membership, and others as appropriate in the planning and execution of meetings.
- Develop and maintain solid relationships and continuous communication with hotel representatives and service providers.
- Attend networking and educational events to expand skill sets, to monitor meetings industry best practices, and to identify prospective vendors and partners with innovative meeting products and services.
- Develop budgets for the Annual Conference, Administrators Conference, Legal Symposium, and other meetings and monitor on an ongoing basis.
- Recommend enhancements to the conference database and new products/technologies to improve performance.
- Ensure that historical files (budgets, attendance counts, etc.) are maintained by Meetings Department staff. Perform special projects as requested.
- B.S. degree in Business, Communications, Hospitality or related field and minimum of 10 years meeting planning experience is required. 7 years of progressively responsible meeting planning experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. A minimum of three years of experience supervising meeting, conference or event staff is required. CMP preferred, but not required.
- Must possess strong verbal and presentation skills along with excellent written communications and proofreading skills. Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills; clear, concise writing and excellent proofreading skills are essential. Precise attention to detail is required. Experience developing and overseeing meeting and event-related brochures, programs, publications, apps, etc. is required.
- Experience negotiating hotel contracts and agreements covering all services (housing, registration, audio/visual, technology, F&B, room selections, activities, group transportation arrangements, etc.) necessary to conduct meetings and events is required. Experience enhancing meetings and conferences with creative ideas is essential.
- Experience developing and monitoring meeting and event-related budgets is essential. Must be able to ensure the accuracy of detailed invoices and statements for hotel, venue and related logistical services.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) suite. Experience using membership database-driven meeting or conference registration software is required. Must possess working knowledge of apps that enhance meeting participant experience.
- Must have excellent organizational skills. Must be proactive, flexible with strong problem-solving skills and be able to resolve situations in a calm, professional manner.
- Proven multi-tasking skills and the ability to meet deadlines are required. Must be able manage multiple concurrent projects and possess strong time management skills.
- A positive attitude and professional image are essential in representing the Association with members, hotels, venues, vendors, consultants, contractors, etc.
20-25% domestic travel is required.
FLSA Status: Exempt
To Apply: For more information or to apply now, click here and send a cover letter, resume and salary history by October 31, 2018. Applications are only accepted through the link provided. (https://nabca.applicantpro.com/jobs/898112.html)
Learn more about NABCA at www.nabca.org
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.