Details: commensurate with demonstrated experience
1300 19th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
At PAI, we are motivated by one powerful truth: a woman who is in charge of her reproductive health can change her life and transform her community. PAI is a global organization that champions policies that put women in charge of their reproductive health, including access to contraception, and safe and legal abortion. PAI achieves this through a 50+ year presence in Washington, DC, advocating with those who drive policy change, and defend against policies that harm women and girls. We also make it possible for local civil society organizations throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America, to access the funding, training and partnership they need to achieve policy change in their own local context. We are simultaneously on the front lines and in the background, focused first and foremost on the impact our work has on the lives of women and girls around the world.
The contribution of our 40 experts and staff is multiplied by an exemplary board of directors, and further leveraged by the work of partners in more than 17 countries. We pride ourselves on a strong set of institutional values that prizes excellence, teamwork, integrity and mutual respect. We hold firm our commitment to people, and as such we offer a generous benefits package, great work/life perks, and a flexible environment in which each individual is supported to be their best selves.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated, team player to be our next Senior Associate for Administration, a pivotal position with varied responsibilities related exclusively to administrative, human resources, and office management and operations. This is not a programs-related position. At PAI we manage the organization through a back-office team-based approach, where specialists in IT, Finance, Operations, Knowledge Management and the Executive Office all work closely together. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Associate for Administration plays a pivotal role in the functioning of the organization. This position requires high administrative, management and executive function skills, strong people skills and flexibility. The position provides a great opportunity for someone looking to advance in nonprofit management, organizational development and human resources management within a well-established organization with a strong mission and international focus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Functions include but are not limited to:
- Facilities management
- Managing organizational business insurance
- Responsible for all official processes related to maintaining nonprofit registration
- Contracts administration
- Managing staff duty of care in the office and while on travel
- Managing placement of temporary employees
- Managing administrative support across the organization
- Preparing and monitoring the administrative yearly budget
- Provide administrative support the COO and VP Finance on discrete projects
- Overseeing subtenants
- Overseeing supply ordering, mail and reception functions
Personnel related responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Benefits administration in collaboration with outsourced HR consultants
- Hiring processes including both recruitment and retention
- Administering on-line performance appraisal system
- Maintenance of tools such as the HR page of the internal portal
- Support audit and year-end tax preparation
- Coordinating organizational development initiative such as values work
- Managing training and professional development of staff
- Administer PAI employee policies
We pride ourselves on a strong set of institutional values that prizes excellence, teamwork, integrity and mutual respect. We hold firm our commitment to people, and as such we offer a generous benefits package, great work/life perks, and a flexible environment in which each individual is supported to be their best selves. Benefits includes health insurance, retirement, and flex Friday work schedule.
Level of Language Proficiency
English proficiency required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Associate for Administration” in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted on PAI’s website until the position is filled. PAI is an equal opportunity employer and offers a flexible workplace and a competitive benefit package.