The STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Program Instructor is responsible for planning programs and activities, which promote learning and encourage the development of science, math and social skills. He/she will work under the general supervision of the Program Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans specific programs for the STEM Enrichment area consistent with the organization’s youth development mission.
- Implements and carries out daily programs and activities in the STEM area.
- Maintains a program setting that ensures the health and safety of members.
- Contributes to the creation of the overall Club’s climate for youth development.
- Provides everyday guidance to members.
- Promotes and markets programs to members.
- Manages necessary administrative functions and assigned resources.
- Assist in the transportation of kids including, but not limited to, driving van aides, and walking escorts when necessary.
- Responsible for helping to keep the Clubs clean.
- All BGCP employees are Mandated Reporters, and must report any suspected Child Abuse or Neglect to their supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organizational needs.
- Represents Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia in a manner that conveys professionalism, confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and respect for others.
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field preferred
- One (1) year of experience in developing and implementing STEM programs
- Skills and Abilities
- Ability to supervise professional staff and volunteers
- The ability and desire to work with youths 5-18 years of age in a variety of recreational and social environments
- Possess the ability to work independently and efficiently without direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, so that he/she may present written and verbal reports to the Board of Directors when requested by the Chief Executive Officer(s)
Boys & Girls Clubs of Philadelphia provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
Medical, dental, life insurance, and pension available
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested Applicants can send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com