Details: SALARY/PAY RATE: COMPETETIVE
1617 John F Kennedy Boulevard
The Food Trust is a nationally recognized nonprofit dedicated to ensuring that everyone has access to affordable, nutritious food and information to make healthy decisions. Headquartered in Philadelphia, The Food Trust works with neighborhoods, schools, grocers, farmers and policymakers in the city and across the country to develop a comprehensive approach to improved food access that combines nutrition education and greater availability of affordable, healthy food. More information about The Food Trust is available at www.thefoodtrust.org.
The Food Trust is seeking a qualified Fiscal Coordinator who will be responsible for accounts payable, organizational payroll processing, employee expense reports and company credit cards, preparing and making bank deposits and recording cash receipts. Related to the Farmers Market Program, the Associate will process EBT and Food Bucks reimbursements and invoice farmers monthly. The Associate will use automated systems to input data and generate reports, conduct specialized research projects and respond to inquiries.
The Associate is primarily responsible for organizing financial records including scanning/saving documents, routine filing, copying, data input and other routine accounting duties.
The Fiscal Coordinator will report directly to the Controller and participate in departmental activities as necessary.
Accounts Payable: Ensure accurate account coding, regular check runs and maintain vendor information, including obtaining W-9 Forms.
Process and manage bi-monthly employee payroll and payroll-related matters utilizing ADP Workforce Now, including reporting functions.
Employee Expense Reports & Company Credit Cards: Ensure accurate coding, receipts and approvals and timely input into accounting software for reimbursement through payroll.
Bank Deposits & Recording of Cash Receipts: Weekly deposits and timely cash application entries in accounting system.
Monthly Farmer EBT and Food Bucks reimbursements
Monthly Farmers Market invoicing
Adhere to The Food Trusts’ security guidelines and ensure the appropriate handling of sensitive financial information.
Completes special projects specific to the function of the department or as needed for the department as directed by the Director of Finance and/or Controller.
This position has access to sensitive financial information, and the Fiscal Coordinator is expected to handle such information with integrity and professionalism.
Other duties as assigned within the scope of position expectations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Understanding of The Food Trusts’ mission, goals and objectives and ability to work independently with a high level of energy and contribute as part of a larger team.
2. Strong understanding of and ability to perform generally accepted accounting principles, concepts and practices. 3. Ability to operate a computer and use a variety of common software programs including Microsoft Office, spreadsheets and customized databases.
4. Ability to organize tasks in an efficient manner and follow-up and follow-through with strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills and effectively communicate with individuals and groups.
6. Possesses strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by courteous, cooperative and professional interaction with diverse groups of co-workers, external business partners, vendors, funders and financial institutions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; talk or hear. The employee will occasionally climb stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, taste or smell.
2. The employee will spend a majority of time sitting at a desk working at a computer workstation keyboarding and performing routine clerical duties.
3. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
4. Operate related office equipment and use necessary tools.
5. Primarily work seated at a computer workstation with frequent use of a keyboard.
6. Specific vision abilities required by the job include frequent reading and close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
2. Although work is primarily indoors, you will be required to travel outside to The Food Trust locations/special events.
3. Position may require occasional trips to attend conferences, seminars and meetings.
4. May require working non-traditional hours based on operational needs.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND LICENSURE
Minimum Experience: At least two years of accounting and payroll-related experience working with non-profits, grants or other funding sources is required. MIP software and ADP payroll experience preferred; Microsoft Office experience required.
Minimum Education: BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university in Business or Accounting or other related field of study.
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: FULL TIME
JOB OPEN DATE: IMMEDIATELY
TO APPLY: E-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference “Fiscal Coordinator” in the subject line. Please do not call.
Minimum Education Required