Details: Commensurate with experience
201 South Market Street
Full time, Non-exempt (hourly)
The mission of The Tech Museum of Innovation is to inspire the innovator in everyone.
The Operations Assistant is a non-exempt (hourly) position reporting to the Vice President of Operations. The Operations Assistant supports the Vice President of Operations with administrative, accounting and coordination support. Duties include creating and maintaining Excel databases, following up on projects and financial data, creating and distributing reports, database entry, setting up and taking notes at meetings, tracking staffing and P.O. paperwork and following up on operational requests with appropriate departments. The Operations Assistant is a full time, non-exempt position.
Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets and other database documents to track and report against Operations Team results including attendance, revenues, facility needs, safety issues and graphic needs.
- Maintain and share pertinent Operations databases on Manager-on-Duty issues that are turned in daily, follow-up on weekly and shared bi-monthly.
- Obtain Museum Operations Manager (Manager-on-Duty) schedules and set up, update and disseminate this schedule on a monthly basis. Send updates out as changes are made throughout the month.
- Complete assigned multi-day projects that assist in the meeting of the Operations Team objectives—organizing and planning functions included.
- Assist with the set-up and take-down of specialized meetings with museum partners, officials and guests.
- Prepare for staff meetings with proper agendas, electronic handouts, schedules and paper products (as needed).
- Maintain hard and electronic copies of contracts, personnel files, job descriptions, budgets and other Operations-related documents. Stay on top of all contract deadlines and renewals.
- Perform daily administrative duties including copying, filing, scanning, phoning, setting up meetings, taking minutes, following up with staff and following up with outside contacts.
- Coordinate Vice President of Operations scheduling.
- Maintain ongoing calendar of industry Board meetings, conferences and calls; assist in the planning of travel.
- Follow up with Operations Team needs involving signage, facility requests, ticketing, and event planning to ensure Operations Team goals are met and paperwork is timely.
- Submit receipts and balance the Operations credit card monthly.
- Track staffing paperwork with managers and follow up on purchase orders and other financial information.
- Review monthly budget results with the Vice President of Operations and disseminate budgets to management team. Follow-up up with Finance any outstanding questions or issues.
- Assist with both day time and evening event set up and tear down as it supports the various events of the Operations Team.
- Represent the museum at functions as assigned.
- Other administrative and clerical duties as assigned.
Two to three years of office administration and data accounting experience.
- Computer proficient with the ability to independently create, manipulate and alter Excel data sheets, PowerPoint slides and other reports along with a willingness to learn new programs.
- Flexible personality that can handle last-minute details and requests calmly and efficiently.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with good sense of humor and professional phone skills.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and calendar scheduling.
- Knowledge of basic office machines—copiers, faxes, etc. as well as expedient typing skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and function as a part of a close-knit team.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with potentially confidential materials and documents.
- Ability to work with all levels, ages and backgrounds of staff and volunteers.
- Available 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
- Available to work occasional weekend days and some evenings to accommodate operational needs.
- Ability to adhere to The Tech’s grooming guidelines.
Minimum Education Required