4000 Blackburn Lane
The Center for Adoption Support and Education (C.A.S.E.), in Burtonsville, Maryland (located just off Route 29 between Washington, D.C. and Baltimore), is seeking a full-time therapist to provide individual, family and group psychotherapy to foster and adopted children and their families. This position provides services at our Burtonsville and Bethesda offices.
C.A.S.E. was founded in 1998, and is one of the premier organizations in the country providing innovative and specialized services to adoptive and foster families. We are seeking a skilled energetic therapist to join our team. All clinicians receive individual and group supervision and have opportunities for continuing education, including participation in C.A.S.E.'s nationally recognized Training for Adoption Competency (TAC) initiative.
POSITION RESPONSIBLITIES :
1. Provide individual, family, and group psychotherapy to foster and adoptive children and their families.
2. Conduct initial psychosocial assessments and develop treatment plans.
3. 3 evenings per week required. Two (2) in Burtonsville office and one (1) in Bethesda office.
4. Perform other duties as required.
1. Master's degree in counseling, social work, or marriage and family counseling.
2. Current Maryland licensure.
3. 4 to 6 years clinical experience (individual, group, and/or family therapy), experience working with foster and adopted children preferred.
4. Demonstrated understanding of loss, grief, and trauma.
5. Experience with and commitment to providing culturally competent services with diverse client populations.
Position Closes: July 15, 2018
C.A.S.E. offers a competitive salary, medical, vision and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, life and disability insurance, opportunities for professional development, generous holidays and annual leave. We are a friendly, flexible work environment.
Minimum Education Required