Details: Competitive depending on experience
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women. The purpose of the Inequality Campaigns and Policy team is to develop and deliver Oxfam’s campaign to fight inequality.
Reporting to the Heads of Inequality Team, the Southern Policy and Programme Campaigns Manager – Inequality is responsible for:
· Leading Oxfam GB's support to national change in countries where Oxfam works, as part of Oxfam GB’s Inequality Campaigns and Policy team
· Playing a leading role in Oxfam GB’s Inequality Campaigns and Policy Team, to develop and deliver on strategy to influence external policy and practice
· Identifying opportunities for national change in countries where Oxfam works and ensuring strong strategy and collaboration to deliver campaigning and advocacy to achieve change
· Working with regions and countries to help design and build programmes on inequality and advising on advocacy, strategies and tactics.
· Briefing senior staff on inequality and related issues at country and regional level and act as media spokesperson as needed
· Building relationships with key donors, trusts and foundations that go beyond funding and include influencing on the issues themselves
· Leading large scale (multi-affiliate and/ or multi-country) fundraising proposals for global projects and programmes that support developing country advocacy and campaigns
What we are looking for
· The ideal candidate will be an able and committed campaigner with experience of supporting advocacy and campaigns or programme design in developing country contexts.
· Demonstrable experience of working across different cultures to provide advice to staff and partners, and to support advocacy, campaigning and programme strategies.
· Experience of programme design in areas relevant to inequality programming, especially budgets, public expenditure and government revenue.
· Proven ability to develop and deliver effective advocacy and campaigning strategies
· Able to lead on complex projects, or projects involving people based in several different countries
· Experience of writing successful (multi-country) donor proposals
· Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and beliefs including equality, diversity, gender and race
· Additional languages are desirable, though not essential (e.g. French, Spanish, Portuguese);
Location: Flexible in one of Oxfam's UK locations
Hours: 36 per week
Salary: Competitive - depending on experience.
Region: Policy, Programme and Campaigns
Job Family: Programme
Division: Campaigns, Policy & Influencing
Job Type: Fixed Term
Closing Date: 9 November 2018
How to apply
If this sounds like you or you are interested in finding out more, then please follow the link below for more information and details about how to apply:
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Level of Language Proficiency
Knowledge of foreign languages is desirable (e.g. French, Spanish, Portuguese etc)
Minimum Education Required