Coordinator of Volunteer Engagement/Manager of Volunteer Engagement
- Job posted by Building Impact, Inc.
Full Time Contract
93 Summer Street
Building Impact, Inc. (www.buildingimpact.org)
Job Title: Coordinator of Volunteer Engagement or Manager of Volunteer Engagement
Reports to: Director of Partner Engagement
Part Time Position: Manager Level: 20-25 Hours, Contract to potential hire
Full Time Position: Coordinator Level: Contract to potential hire
About Building Impact:
Building Impact's mission is to strengthen communities by providing individuals and companies the knowledge and opportunities to volunteer, donate, and connect in the buildings where they work or live. Building Impact makes giving back convenient by bringing volunteer events and donation drives to participants in office and apartment buildings. In channeling 100% of this volunteerism and giving toward nonprofits and community organizations, service gaps within local communities are filled. Additionally, Building Impact supports its nonprofit and community partners by raising their awareness and understanding of the impact that volunteers can make within their operations enhancing their ability to be a community resource.
Building Impact currently reaches almost 20,000 people at 575 companies spread across 50 buildings in 15 Massachusetts communities. By partnering with building owners and managers, Building Impact mobilizes individuals throughout large properties who were previously difficult to reach and engage. Our work is unique, creating social change and providing needed resources for nonprofits and their worthy clients. As a result, Building Impact actively supports over 100 nonprofit and community organizations that serve children, adults, families, and seniors suffering from or at risk of joblessness, homelessness, educational barriers, and/or food insecurity.
Building Impact Values:
- Demonstrate integrity in all that we do
- Respect others’ time and attention
- Serve our volunteers and clients first
- Trust in teamwork
- Help colleagues on the team when needed
- Ensure Individual Accountability
Position Overview and Scope of Work:
Building Impact reaches small and mid-sized companies and their employees who often want to give back, but lack the resources or knowledge needed to act. The Coordinator of Volunteer Engagement orchestrates Building Impact’s team of frontline community builders. The CVE engages volunteers via in-building volunteer events, volunteer socials, days of service, lobby events and other events out in the community.
Building Impact’s CVE is responsible for program planning and execution aimed at mobilizing the 20,000 volunteers within BI’s network. The incumbent must have a strong leadership, customer service, and/or management background in order to maximize the potential of this pro-bono workforce. Additionally, strong business skills are necessary to optimize program design, program implementation, post-event reporting, and operational efficiency.
Project Planning and Management
- Under guidance of the Director of Partner Engagement, apply an innovative and strategic approach towards the management and engagement of Building Impact’s network of 20,000 volunteers.
- Work closely with Coordinator of Volunteer Engagement Nonprofit Programs, and BI team, to build and maintain relationships with Building Impact’s multiple stakeholders which includes “Building Impact Ambassadors” at tenant companies, volunteers and nonprofit partners.
- Maintain professional and timely email communication with internal and external partners.
- Assist in the planning/facilitation of large-scale volunteer engagement events.
- Work with Director of Nonprofit Programs to research, develop co-designed engaging hands-on volunteer activities that are appropriate for in-office/volunteer social settings and days of service.
- Work closely with Director of Nonprofit Programs and Director of Partner Engagement to assist with quarterly donation drives and days of service.
- Manage intern recruitment, selection, training and supervision.
Administrative Support Functions for Programs
- Co-manage event supplies for various programming efforts throughout the year.
- Manage supply inventory, preparation and ordering for various projects.
- Organize and assist with lifting, loading and unloading donations and event
- Coordinate and deliver donations to nonprofit partners.
- Assist with online registrations, name tags, data projects as needed.
- Support team with annual, large fundraising event.
- Facilitate volunteer activities to ensure consistent participation throughout the entire portfolio of real estate and corporate partners.
- Facilitate a steam lined model of program execution that ensures consistency and participant satisfaction.
- Capture data for corporate partners showing the impact of each volunteer event. This includes useful media material that companies can share in their social responsibility and annual reports.
- Produce text and capture live images for immediate distribution via newsletters, social media and general distribution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and competencies:
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License required. Comfort with driving in Boston and the surrounding area is a plus.
- Passion for Building Impact’s mission of civic engagement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism at all times across a variety of business sectors
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and manage time well --strong attention to detail is a must
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate with a variety of stakeholders and cultivate strategic partnerships
- Self-motivated with strong presentation skills
- Strong conflict management skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit while maintaining the ability to work as part of a team
- Comfort with ambiguity and problem solving
- Ability to think outside the box
- Experience and interest in event planning and engaging individuals and teams
- Capacity to develop and implement new concepts and strategies including creating context setting, educational components to enhance existing events and create new program initiatives
- Able to recognize and successfully navigate the office dynamics of our clients and stakeholders (Political Savvy)
- Computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Office systems and Google Docs
- Comfort with technology, and working knowledge of databases
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends, to meet the needs of the organization
- Coordinator level:1-3 years of related experience. Manager level: 3-5 years of related experience. Experience working with event planning, facilitation, managing volunteers or relationships with external partners preferred
- Ability to handle moderate to heavy lifting when needed
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to Shanna Reeb, Director of Partner Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Coordinator OR Manager of Volunteer Engagement Application: First & Last Name”. Please specify if you are applying to the Coordinator or Manager position.