District of Columbia
Advocates for Youth partners with youth leaders, adult allies, and youth-serving organizations to advocate for policies and champion programs that recognize young people’s rights to: honest sexual health information; accessible, confidential and affordable sexual health services; and the resources and opportunities necessary to create sexual health equity for all youth.
The Digital Organizing Manager will lead efforts to expand, engage, and mobilize Advocates’ Youth Activist Network (YAN) online base and build a broader network of support to take action and advance young people’s sexual health and rights.
GENERAL PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:
The Youth Activist Network (YAN) consists of approximately 100,000 youth from across the United States willing to take action to support young people’s rights to comprehensive sexual health information and services and the resources to create sexual health equity. This position will mobilize the YAN by spearheading the development of digital campaigns that support young people in leading efforts to shift policy and programs at the local, state, and national level. The campaigns focus on sex education; LGBTQ health and rights; reproductive rights and justice, including access to birth control and abortion care; HIV prevention, treatment and care; and gender-based violence prevention; among others. This position will work closely with staff from the youth organizing team to integrate digital organizing strategies into each of the youth organizing campaign goals.
- Design and manage a digital engagement and organizing program--including email, video, mobile, ads, and social media strategies-- that grows the base of supporters, moves supporters to take action, and propels campaigns toward goals.
- Track the success of the digital tactics, generate reports on progress toward goals, and adjust tactics based on metrics and intuition.
- Offer strategic advice to program staff on how to best integrate digital strategies and tools to strengthen their campaigns and programs.
- Capture compelling content to tell the story and raise the profile of the youth organizing campaigns.
- Run digital and in person trainings on digital organizing for youth activists.
- Leverage cultural flashpoints to bring in new supporters and drive people to take action.
- Assist with annual YAN recruitment
- Develop and implement timely digital campaigns outside of Advocates’ youth organizing programs as needed.
- One to four years of experience in digital organizing.
- Strong project management skills. Able to develop and implement plans, balance competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Experience managing mass email, SMS, and organizational social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. using social media management systems such as Hootsuite or SproutSocial.
- Ability to work across teams and communicate goals and needs clearly.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with a diverse group and apply a racial and reproductive justice lens to sexual health advocacy.
- Demonstrated commitment to young people’s sexual and reproductive health and rights including abortion access, LGBTQ health and rights, and HIV prevention and treatment, among others.
- Basic graphic design and video editing skills a plus.
- Experience with Google Ads, including YouTube a plus.
LGBTQ people and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. EOE.
Medical and Dental benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with the subject line Digital Organizing Manager. No phone calls, please. Deadline for applications is close of business September 25th, 2018.