Seeking Clinical Supervisor (LCSW) for Integrated Behavioral Health
- Job posted by La Clinica de La Raza
Who we are: La Clínica de La Raza is a community-based health center committed to providing culturally appropriate, high-quality, and accessible health care to the diverse communities of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have spent over 40 years advocating for and creating a health home for the many that have been denied access to care. As health care activists, we are dedicated to making sure individuals who do not have health coverage get the same level of quality healthcare as those who have it. From our genesis as a community health center in 1971, we understood that we cannot heal our communities without also addressing the economic and social factors that affect health. Many times, this requires that we go outside and provide services in other settings to build the bridge that links individuals to our health center for preventive and primary care. Over 90,000 individuals come to La Clínica because it is a welcoming place that addresses the whole person, coordinating and connecting them to a broad network of services to improve and maintain their health and well-being. While we are still known for our activism and spirit of social justice, we are also proud to have grown into a sophisticated provider of primary health care services with 35 sites across Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano counties.
Doing work that heals: As an Integrated Behavioral Health Clinical Supervisor, you will be enlisted to provide clinical and administrative supervision to Integrated Behavioral Health staff. You will ensure the quality of services provided to clients. You will be well versed in medical social work, crisis intervention, case management, psychosocial assessment, diagnosis and brief treatment with families, children, adolescents and adults. This role requires flexibility in meeting patients' needs, and calls for an individual who is familiar with principles of cognitive-behavioral strategies and other evidence-based practices. Overall success in this position will require top-notch time organizational skills, a high degree of interpersonal competence with both staff and patients. The position reports to the Integrated Behavioral Health Manager, and requires licensure in clinical social work. We are a National Health Service Corps approved site. As such, our therapists are eligible for federal and state loan repayment.
Major Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Provide clinical supervision to direct service staff namely Behavioral Medicine Specialists, Integrated Behavioral Health Clinicians, case managers and students.
- Implement quality assurance plans, including chart reviews, to monitor clinical interventions and documentation of services, to ensure quality and appropriateness of services, including risk management
- Conduct staff evaluations in collaboration with department managers and manager of integrated behavioral health
- Participate in program development to improve program quality and to expand IBH services by providing input and recommendations
- Provide direct services to clients and their families as needed
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of integrated behavioral health programs at assigned sites, including school sites.
- You will be required to keeps records of supervision in accordance with standards set by the BBS
- Provide training to social workers and other clinic and school staff as needed
- Serve as a member of the cross-functional team of providers, working with site managers and other primary care staff to strengthen interdisciplinary team approach.
- Well versed in mandated reporting laws, child development, family systems, stages of change, and co-occurring mental health and substance use/abuse conditions
- Knowledge of DSM-IV-R and mandated reporting laws
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of individual, couples and family therapy
- Knowledge of case management; clinical social work; physical and mental illness and their impact on personality; social aspects of mental and emotional disturbances with adolescent and adult populations
- Thorough knowledge of the professional code of ethics and the CA medical regulatory requirements, and CA mental health code
- Ability to speak Spanish and English fluently preferred
- Multi-tasking, ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to secure and record accurate and clinically pertinent psycho-social data
Other Certifications and Experience
- California Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and must have two years' post-licensure experience in a medical or school setting
- Previous experience providing clinical supervision to MFTIs and ASWs.
- Experience with Specialty Mental Health Medi-Cal documentation is strongly preferred but not required
- Cultural competence working in diverse/low income and immigrant communities
*** Starting Salary: $79,113
Level of Language Proficiency
Ability to speak Spanish and English fluently preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please go to: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1161451&d=ExternalCareerSite#/