4800 Broadway Ave.
Position: Family Support Specialist
Salary: $25,900 - $28,900 per year
Hours: Full-time (40 Hours)/ Non-Exempt
The Family Support Specialist will provide case management to families who have exited shelters and are enrolled in the Rapid Re-Housing Program. This is a field-based position responsible for providing client-based services to address barriers to housing and economic stability by partnering with various client stakeholders, collaboration with other community service providers, and linking families to community-based resources.
- Completes intakes and assessments with families referred to the Housing program.
- Meets weekly and as needed with families to develop service plans, review progress, address barriers to progress, and make referrals to facilitate housing stabilization.
- Assists clients in securing appropriate services and coordinates the delivery of all services
- Creates and maintains positive relationships with landlord to address housing related concerns.
- Maintains individual client files; completes documentation of all client-related interactions on a timely basis
- Provides assistance for households to increase income, access childcare/education, connect to mainstream benefits, and establish/expand family and community-based supports.
- Prepares for and attends trainings and supervision sessions as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Other Functions: Attends departmental/agency meetings; contributes to departmental and organizational decision-making through active participation in the process. Works effectively and positively with all co-workers, volunteers, and clients; participates in professional or community networks as appropriate. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications or Skills Required:
Required Qualifications: BA or BS degree in social work or relevant field; one or more years working with at-risk families. Strong organizational, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work independently and share responsibility; ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community; ability to identify key issues in problem-solving and implement effective and creative solutions. Ability to work well in a fast-paced office environment and be flexible; skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities; skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment. Must have and maintain valid Driver’s License. Must be able to pass a BCI/FBI background check and drug screening (pre-employment and random).
Preferred Qualifications: MS in social work with LSW and three years’ experience providing family services; Well-organized; self-directed; experiences in Direct Housing issues would be ideal; awareness and familiarity of specific barriers faced by homeless population a plus.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Interested applicants should forward resume with three references to:
Human Resources | University Settlement, Inc.
4800 Broadway Ave. Cleveland, OH 44127
Fax: 216-641-7971 | E-mail: email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!!
Internal applicants must be in their current position for at least six months to apply.
Minimum Education Required