15 Talbot Avenue
Major responsibility is to assist with the planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of quality and developmentally appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events in the club’s performing arts program areas for youth ages 6-18.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in providing a variety of programming options reflective of the BGCB Performing Arts Program. The Assistant will also run individual programs, activities, trips, etc.
· Supervise and discipline of members participating in programs and services within the program area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
· Assist in the completion of BGCB’s program active standards as assigned.
· Participate in collaborative programs and events with staff from other clubhouse departments as well as staff from other BGCB clubhouses and community organizations as appropriate.
· When appropriate, assist volunteers and consultants who can offer related instruction, support and guidance to members.
· Assessing our impact is critical to our work. All staff is expected to participate in various evaluation efforts throughout each program year, including the annual member survey.
· Secure, maintain and monitor materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a safe and clean program area.
· Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
· Travel between sites and to activities as needed.
· Other related duties as specified by the Performing Arts Coordinator.
General BGCB Expectations:
· Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
· Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
· Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
· Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demand :
· High School degree or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Direct experience developing and delivering arts programs for youth; in out-of-school time settings preferred.
· Knowledge of trends in performing arts programming, techniques and theory, and utilization of technology in the field.
· Must be or become CPR / FA certified.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
· MS Office and web competency preferred.
· Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
· Valid driver’s license preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online.