Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist with effective HR administration: establish and manage personnel files, maintain HR filing system and Staff Database for internal use, ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
- Assist to oversee and proceed with administrative formalities and processes related to staff recruitment and appointment, within IOM adaptation, extension of appointment, change in contractual status, transfer, promotion, separation, MSP participation. Collecting all paperwork necessary for the issuance of the staff contract and ensuring that all grades and steps are in line with IOM rules and procedures
- Provide briefing, advice and technical guidance to staff at all levels on IOM HR rules, regulations, instructions and procedures.
- Follow up on all local staff contractual status and ensures appropriate and timely actions for renewals, promotions, within-grade increments, for separated local staff.
- Provide the specialized assistance with preparing and updating the HR component/master data of the Mission monthly payroll journal for all personnel in 99, 97, US and C1 Payroll areas to ensure completeness and accuracy of it. Task involves the responsibility for all requests for salary payment and intensive liaison with respective departmental Supervisors.
- Research, compile, analyse, summarize and present the data in semi-monthly payroll preparation. Packing and distributing checks and direct deposits to NY and POE personnel. Serve as a Back-up to the Sr.Personnel Assistant in the payroll processing.
- Monitor HR-related wide-Mission activities to ensure efficient processing and report regularly to alert the Senior Personnel Assistant and Global Program Coordinator of any non-compliance as well as areas of concern and suggest possible improvements in order to properly support the unit’s activities.
- Assist with the preparation of all the reports on personnel matters (Local Personnel Establishment, List of Employees, Organizational Chart, CP/MSP report etc).
- PRISM Personnel Administrator role: maintain all relevant personnel information related to a Staff Member; i.e. personal data, family members, basic salary, contract data etc. Execute various administrative personnel actions involved in the employment life cycle such as hiring, transfer, promotion, change in family status, separation, etc.
- PRISM Time Management Administrator role: gather, review, update and attend to inquiries regarding staff work schedules and other attendance-related concerns of local employees. Maintain required data in PRISM. Verify and record Overtime requests in PRISM system. Administer and maintain leave entitlements, absence quotas and absences. Monitor and advise staff regarding the excessive accrual of annual leave, so staff and supervisors can better plan annual leaves so as to mitigate staff loss of accruals.
- Mission Timekeeper role: Responsible for maintenance of proper Attendance Records of local employees. Leave requests processing and adjustment when required, end of year reports, verification and calculation OT requests forms.
- SES HR Agent role: advise staff on SES process when necessary. Produce periodic reports for management. Review of SES forms for correctness with regard to proper procedure followed.
- Assist with the annual Medical Insurance Campaign for eligible employees and their dependents in MSP, local Kaiser Insurance, Long term Disability Insurance. (Task includes arranging for the employees' inclusion/exclusion in/from the MSP, tracking the submission of docs required to support the premium contribution configuration).
- Assist with the preparation and follow-up of Consultant’s and Intern’s contracts and TORs in collaboration with the Heads of Units. Review submission of compulsory documents packages for completeness.
- Maintain UNJSPF enrollments
- Prepare 401K monthly reports and semi-annual 401K accumulation reports. Submit these reports to the assigned local 401K provider. Prepare 401K Yearly Census data for the appropriate local authorities.
- Serve as a focal point to the IOM employees in the US for the 401K plan website; provide information on plan procedures, enrollment, loans and distributions to the participants
- Assist in preparation reports such as Terminal Emoluments reports, NBL local disability reports.
- Assist in Collecting data and preparation of statistical data analyses for USRAP Senior Management on both regular and as need basis.
- Prepare Paychex Prism reports for the updates of PY data in Prism
- Assist with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR Office.
- Replacement of the Senior Personnel Assistant during her absence
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Global Program Coordinator.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s degree or related field with four years of relevant professional experience.
Experience : 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Adapts best Human Resources practices to the requirements of IOM to facilitate the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant Human Resources theories and practices, and recognizes their application within existing IOM processes.
- Delivers Human Resources solutions customized to the needs of IOM.
Languages : Fluency in English.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: work strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.