The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation works to build a more equal and resilient world. We bring people together to support each other through three key initiatives: Leanin.Org, OptionB.Org, and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
SGFF is seeking a Business Lead to join the team supporting our Founder and the foundation team. This person will manage preparation for a variety of events; build and implement cross-functional processes; and manage strategic initiatives for the organization, including the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program.
A successful Business Lead will be organized, strong in project management, able to shift seamlessly between strategic counsel and smaller daily tasks, and strong in drafting communications. This person should be a team player and eager to work in a fast-paced, high expectations environment.
This position is full time and based in Palo Alto, CA. Due to COVID-19, the entire team is working remotely on PDT hours until further notice.
- Manage strategic partnerships/special initiatives for the foundation, the largest being the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- Support message development for internal and external engagements
- Work across teams to prepare and review briefs for public engagements and coordinate follow-ups
- Ensure progress on priority workstreams, advise on the right strategy, deliverables, etc.
- Interface and coordinate regularly with team leads to ensure cross-functional alignment of messaging and deliverables
- Prioritize, plan, and execute global travel commitments
- 5+ years’ work experience in consulting, project management or research/analytics
- Experience in drafting both short and long-form communications
- Passion for missions of Lean In, Option B and the Dave Goldberg Scholarship Program
- Strong advocate for equity, inclusion, and uplifting marginalized voices
- Strong communication, project management and decision-making skills
- Strong business acumen, attention to detail, and organizational skills
- Ability to proactively anticipate needs and problems before they arise
- Ability to juggle many tasks under tight timelines and shift priorities quickly
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels, both inside SGFF and with external partners
- Experience working directly with senior executives
- Experience with communications, policy and/or research/analytics
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; consumer brand and/or startup experience a plus
- Ability to tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset and thoughtful, proactive approach
- Available to consistently work PDT hours
- Remote experience a plus
Please apply via Lever and include a cover letter, resume and writing sample.
The Sheryl Sandberg & Dave Goldberg Family Foundation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. It’s important to us that people of all backgrounds see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.