District of Columbia
Media Matters for America -- a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting misinformation in the U.S. media -- seeks an Executive Assistant to support its President.
The Executive Assistant’s primary role is to provide day-to-day administrative support to a dynamic and busy organizational President, including managing their schedule, filing reports, providing background materials for meeting preparation, and making travel arrangements.
Reports To: The Executive Assistant reports to the President.
- Scheduling: Manage and maintain the calendar. This consists of scheduling all appointments, conference calls, speaking engagements, travel, and other commitments.
- Administrative: Prepare and file expense reports and reimbursements. Make travel arrangements. Maintain records and organize files. Accurately record meeting minutes (or notes) and distribute to participants.
- Support: Manage internal and external communications, including calls, letters, and email communications. Assist in projects and assignments, such as general research, as needed. Provide background information and/or supporting documents in preparation for appointments; coordinate with other departments to prepare support materials and run point on any follow-up materials or actions.
Qualification Requirements/Key Attributes:
- Must have prior experience as an executive assistant, scheduler, administrative assistant, or equivalent.
- Flexibility with schedule and a willingness to be on-call (including some nights and weekends).
- Ability to take initiative, function independently, and anticipate needs
- Well organized.
- Attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple, complex tasks in a skillful and timely fashion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Google Suite applications for Business (e.g. Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Docs)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Must have the capacity to maintain strict confidentiality.
Media Matters for America offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit https://www.mediamatters.org/jobs to apply through our online portal. No phone calls, please. We can respond only to candidates whom we are contacting for an interview.
Media Matters for America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or disability.