Offer and facilitate support groups for victims with abusive partners. Groups will be held where DVCCC has outreach offices - in the City of Coatesville, Kennett Square, Oxford and Phoenixville. Provide training and supervision for volunteer support group facilitators. Support group topics may have a general DV focus or have a specific population focus (Latinas, LGBTQ, Elderly, and Human Trafficking, etc.)
Work Week: 25 Hours (Mon. - Fri.)
• Plan engaging group activities and discussions
• Prepare relevant informational materials before each group meeting.
• Lead group meetings each week, helping guide activities and discussions
• Establish and maintain group rules including confidentiality among participants.
• Create and maintain a safe space at group for participants to share their feelings, experiences, etc.
• Maintain primary focus in groups on participants and their needs.
• Build community among participants.
• Raise awareness and refer participants to other appropriate resources.
• Ability to lead groups of people
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Creative in structuring weekly programs
• Good organizational and collaboration skills
• Reliable and committed
• Ability to work with another facilitator as a team.
• Has the ability to effectively present information.
• Strong commitment to the mission and goals of DVCCC, professional work goals and personal development.
• Through knowledge and understanding of issues confronted by victims of abuse.
• Able to work with battered victims and their children. Able to work with a diverse population and assist them with addressing life’s challenges.
• Attend a minimum of 15 hours of training annually
• Complete PCADV’S required 45-hour counselor/advocate training
• Fill in the required data collection information. Prepare a monthly progress and challenge report for supervisor.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Products.
• Must have transportation to travel to the group sessions..
• Must be willing to work flexible hours to meet program needs and grantor accountability requirements.
• Adhere to all agency policies and procedures( attendance, work hours, paperwork, etc)
• Childcare, criminal and FBI clearances as required by the state and DVCCC.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or related field.
• Three years related experience.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum Education Required