777 United Nations Plaza
The Communication/External Relations Department is seeking an Associate for the support and further development of the Department in the lead up to the 10th Religions for Peace World Assembly. The Associate must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint. The Associate should have a vast knowledge of, and experience with, social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Familiarity with websites and relevant software is preferred. Proficiency in Adobe is needed for branding materials and social media. Knowledge of an additional language is also preferred but not required.
The Associate should display advanced creative communication skills in addition to the ability to analyze and evaluate information quickly and thoroughly. A strong interest or background in interfaith work, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to work efficiently in a multi-cultural environment, enthusiasm for learning, and reliability are pluses.
The associate will be expected to assist in the following areas:
- Manage RfP social media platforms (Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Create social media and branding materials on Adobe or Canva.
- Strategize and implement a more active social media presence for RfP
- Update and work to optimize Website and assist with a World Assembly Page
- Assist with creative communications projects related to sharing RfP core message and upcoming World Assembly
- Research network activities and draft the Global Newsletter
- Disseminate daily news briefs to global staff
- Attend and cover World Assembly briefings for communications sharing.
- Facilitate with all Trustee Communications and back office reporting.
- Assist in answering phones
Communications Associate will work Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm with some flexibility.
Communications Assoc. will report Dir. of External Relations. Salary commensurate with experience.
Comprehensive Benefit Package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org