La Comunidad Hispana (LCH), Kennett Square and Oxford, offers a comprehensive scope of healthcare, social services, outreach, and education programs for Latinos and other low-income, underserved families living and working in Southern Chester County. As a Federally Qualified Health Center and Patient-Centered Medical Home, LCH provides fully integrated person-centered care in a bilingual and bicultural environment that encourages compliance and fosters improved patient outcomes. Using a holistic approach to care, LCH integrates healthcare with supportive services and education to empower our members to stay healthy, build strong families and lead productive fulfilling lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the accuracy, timeliness and efficiency of the day–to–day accounting activities at LCH including month end closing journal entries and duties, balance sheet reconciliations, contract and grant recording and reconciliations, TRNA maintenance and reconciliations, HRSA recording and reconciliations, G/L maintenance, fixed asset maintenance, monthly medical revenue posting to GL & analysis, bi-weekly payroll punch transfers and payroll analysis.
This individual will adhere to all governmental accounting standards.
- Assist CFO with Financial statements, private and other audits and budgeting.
- Maintains regular attendance; performs all duties in a timely manner; attends all meetings as scheduled and/or directed by supervisor.
- Follows all LCH procedures and adhere to policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Collaborates with staff of all LCH programs including Community Resource Center, Social Services and Education as appropriate to ensure efficient integration of services and support.
- Respects confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job description subject to review and may change based on business necessity.
Qualifications and Skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting is required.
- Five or more years’ experience working in a nonprofit environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated qualities of accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency.
- Capability to work well both independently and as part of the team.
- Knowledge of Sage Intacct Software is preferred.
- Knowledge of Ceridian Payroll System is preferred.
- Excellent skills in using Excel and Word is required.
- Detailed oriented and tolerant of frequent interruptions and distractions from staff.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and demonstrate strong initiative.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant; make prompt and accurate judgments regarding financial accounting.
Minimum Education Required