Senior Advancement Officer – Foundation Relations
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Senior Advancement Officer – Foundation Relations is a key member of the Corporate, Foundation and Government Relations team responsible for securing $2M-$4M annually through the identification, cultivation, and stewardship of current and prospective Museum donors. The Sr. Advancement Officer will work across the Museum and Division in order to develop effective fundraising strategies, including compelling proposals, to maintain and grow foundation funding for a variety of programmatic, educational, and capital needs.
- Raise an average of $2m - $4m foundation funding, annually
- Design fundraising strategies for 30/40 foundation donors, annually
- Complete 25-30 solicitations per year
- Complete 4-6 significant donor interactions per month
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday.
Associate Director, Corporate, Foundations, & Government Relations
- Bachelors of Science or Arts degree.
- 5 or more years of foundation fundraising experience.
- Proven track record of soliciting and securing 6 and 7 figure grants
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices in foundation fundraising
- Demonstrated analytical skills, outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail are a must
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects, and work consistently towards key submission dates while exhibiting calm under pressure
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with both external donors and internal colleagues
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.