Pier 86, W 46th St & 12th Ave
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is a nonprofit educational institution featuring the legendary aircraft carrier Intrepid, the space shuttle Enterprise, the world’s fastest jets and a guided missile submarine. Opened in 1982, the Museum is centered on Intrepid, a National Historic Landmark, and draws over one million visitors each year. The mission of the Intrepid Museum is to promote the awareness and understanding of history, science and service through its collections, exhibitions and programming in order to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth.
The Membership Associate is a member of the Intrepid Museum’s 10-person Institutional Advancement department. The Membership Associate provides member acquisition and renewal planning and administers the membership acquisition, renewal, and benefits program for institution. Assist with executing all facets of the strategic membership plan.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Provides input and assists with strategy for membership department, including establishing short- and long-range goals in cooperation with the Director of Membership to achieve institutional membership objectives.
· Implements membership acquisition strategies, such as direct mail, phone soliciting, off-site, and internet sales, as directed by the Director of Membership.
· Implements strategies for renewing annual support of current members and collaborates with Membership Assistant on updating monthly renewal letters and identifying members for upgrade requests.
· Develops content for monthly member email updates and works with the graphics team to produce.
· Works with Director of Membership to strategize and plan member events calendar and corresponding email and print invitations.
· Plans and executes membership events and attends and assists development events as requested.
· Researches current Museum members for prospective donors/member upgrades working with Individual Giving team.
· Prepares and updates monthly sales report and reviews daily sales entries.
· Researches prospective Corporate Members.
· Fulfills Corporate Membership benefits and maintains up-to-date Corporate contact information in Tessitura.
· Helps Membership Assistant process new and renewed membership gifts.
· Helps Membership Assistant acknowledge membership gifts and fulfill membership benefits.
· Assists in training and troubleshooting for incoming box office membership representatives on customer service.
- Works as a team member in the Institutional Advancement Department on a range of fundraising and development areas.
- Performs other duties as required by management.
Qualified candidates will possess a BA/BS from an accredited college or university and 2 or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Exemplary computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Internet. Database experience required, Tessitura-specific experience preferred. Excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail essential. Must be able to keep deadlines. Excellent judgment, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to work with members, donors, the public and colleagues. Ability to act with diplomacy and discretion at all organizational levels, work with a wide range of information, organize details and meet deadlines under pressure. This position is 40 hours a week with one weekend day required. Ability to work a variety of hours including evenings and weekends.
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to be part of a very inspiring mission!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration, send your resume to email@example.com.
Please include the title of the position you are interested in. NO PHONE CALLS.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is an equal opportunity employer.