As a central member of the philanthropy team, the Philanthropy Operations and Stewardship Manager leads internal work and supports the major gift and foundation teams in their externally-focused work. The Manager is a team player who excels at leading projects and people and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
The Manager is responsible for overseeing the donor database, guiding and supporting analytical work, prospect research, communication and reporting. Through collaboration with the Vice President of Resource Development, the Manager ensures that the donor database is used effectively, providing reporting to the resource development team, executive leadership, and the board. Through collaboration with the Marketing Department, the Manager oversees a regular schedule of communications tailored to a philanthropic audience.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees donor database and makes recommendations for upgrades.
- Document processes and supports team in their use.
- Oversee timely acknowledgment of all gifts and grants.
- Ensure accurate information in donor database, and provides data, lists, analysis and insights.
- Maintain regular schedule of solicitations from online and mail donors.
- Maintain departmental metrics, reports and sales pipelines.
- Maintains cross-department communications calendar.
- Serves as department’s representative on cross-organization workgroups, including quality assurance.
- Collaborates with resource development team to provide timely program updates to donors and prospects.
- Coordinates with marketing team to ensure up-to-date donor materials.
- Manages monthly communication calendar for the department.
- Works closely with major gift and foundation teams on stewardship mailings.
- Supports major gift and foundation teams by providing research profiles, stewardship reports, annual reports, updated donor lists, and support for meeting preparation.
- Coordinates and oversees support for donor events.
- Executes donor recognition plans and benefits.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising or sales environment.
- Strong management, planning, and project management skills related to setting and monitoring goals, developing plans and timelines, and measuring success.
- Experience working with sophisticated donors and prospects, and strong skills in interpersonal relations and communications in all modes.
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of fundraising, especially work with Boards and major donors.
- Experience conducting prospect research on individuals.
- Experience managing a donor database or CRM, including gift processing, processing systems, reporting, and financial reconciliation.
- Experience monitoring budgets, preferably in a fund development environment.
- Experience managing staff, vendors, and contractors.
- Knowledge and appreciation of donor confidentiality.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and able to work both independently and within a team with high personal standards of excellence.
- Significant analytical, critical thinking, and problem recognition and solving skills.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM or donor data software.
This position manages a part-time Development Assistant.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter on Fair Trade USA's website.