2830 S. Central Ave.
Job Title: High School Pathways Coordinator
Department: Teen & Young Adult Services
Reports to: Academic Program Lead
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Founded in 1993, A Place Called Home (APCH) is a dynamic, non-profit youth and community providing a safe, nurturing environment with proven programs in arts, education and wellness for young people to help them improve their economic conditions and develop healthy, fulfilling and purposeful lives.
APCH has an exciting opportunity for an individual with a high degree of energy with a passion to make a difference in the community. We are seeking those looking to take their next step in their career path while serving the community.
COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS INCLUDING
Tickets to Events: NBA/WNBA basketball, MLB baseball, NHL hockey, and NFL football games, concerts, plays, snowboarding, bowling, fund raisers, and etc.
401K plan with up to a 4% Employer match.
HOW TO APPLY
For a full job description, please check out our website at: https://apch.org/about/employment/
All applicants must apply by submitting a pdf cover letter and resume to email@example.com and use “HS Pathways” in the subject line.
The H.S. Pathways Coordinator must be able to fulfill all of the elements of the Job Description to the highest standard and be able to work well with colleagues in a high energy, collaborative environment with open communications. A Place Called Home is a learning organization and there is an expectation of continual growth and learning as a community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will develop and maintain relationships with high schools and track member progress to ensure members are on track to graduate from high school and have the option of going to college
- Will conduct regular assessments that will inform the basis for facilitation of academic, social and career plans
- Collect high school transcripts and track high school progress data in KidTrax (database management tool)
- Coordinate and facilitate college and career related tours/field trips
- Assist with the scheduling of guest speakers related to college readiness
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with high school counselors, principals, and administrators in order to support members in achieving their goals and objectives
Physical and Mental Demands
- Able to work in chaotic and high noise level environment typical of a youth center
- Sitting and use of hands/vision for computer work for extended periods of time
- Lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Able to communicate and convey accurate information
- Type 45WPM
A Place Called Home provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including but not limited to pregnancy), gender expression, gender identity or sexual orientation, military and veteran status, medical condition, ancestry, marital status, citizenship national origin, age, physical and/or mental disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, A Place Called Home complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K, Generous time off package and more!
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required