Details: Competitive Salary & Benefits
55 Exchange Place
Are you looking to make a difference? Do you want to work for an organization that is mission-based, diverse and empowering? Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO), one of the nation’s top pre-professional development organizations for underserved and underrepresented students, is seeking a Development Associate to join our Individual Philanthropy and Strategic Engagement (IP/SE) team.
As a Development Associate, you’ll become part of an eight person team that drives all of SEO’s individual and alumni giving initiatives, including annual appeal campaigns, each of which raises between $10,000 to $75,000 or more in designated or unrestricted support for our life-changing programs. In this role you will also be responsible for aspects of in-house project management of SEO’s Annual Awards Dinner, which attracts an audience of more than 1,000 attendees raising more than $4 million-$5 million annually; a yearly schedule of cultivation, solicitation, and fulfillment activities to build our base of individual philanthropic support and strategic engagement of alumni, friends and donors, and other related responsibilities to support these pillars of development.
- Develop, manage, assess, grow, and execute a year-round schedule of annual fund and special appeal campaigns (print and online), creating solicitation material, developing target lists, and setting and meeting fundraising goals.
- Manage in-house administration and planning of our Annual Awards Dinner, including development of invitation lists, mailings, invoicing and acknowledgment letters, revenue tracking and guest lists, liaising with our events firm on production planning and day-of-event execution, etc.
- Manage donor portfolios to track cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment and stewardship processes by teeing up board-member and senior staff solicitors, managing/utilizing data management and filing systems, conducting/providing research, crafting/preparing solicitation letters and cases for support, processing gifts, drafting/sending acknowledgment letters, and curating touchpoints for patrons/major donors, board members, and other high-level constituents.
- In coordination with the ADDs and VP of Development, identify major gift prospects and strategize/develop targeted solicitations, supporting board, volunteer, and senior management solicitors.
- In coordination with the ADDs and the VP of Development, create, manage, advance, and implement a year-round schedule of donor cultivation and fulfillment activities, including receptions in private homes and opportunities to meet the young people SEO serves.
- Create, implement, and manage a yearly program to engage all SEO alumni—Career, Law, Alternative Investments and Scholars—to increase lifetime participation in SEO and alumni giving with targeted engagement and giving goals.
- In coordination with the IP/SE team, incubate new education, enrichment, and professional development programming for alumni, and serve as a liaison to alumni/volunteer leadership groups.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Prior development/alumni-related and event planning experience (2-3+ years) with increasing levels of responsibility and demonstrated results preferred.
- Strong initiative, excellent interpersonal skills, clear writing and critical thinking skills, and demonstrated organizational abilities.
- Proven ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks with extreme attention to details, deadlines, and results.
- Poise, sophistication and intellectual depth when speaking with donors and other high-level constituents.
- Ability to work well in a team setting, showing respect for all, emotional maturity, and a good sense of humor.
- Adept at using technology, including Microsoft Office suite and donor database/CRM systems.
EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and two-three years of work experience in fundraising/alumni relations or similar field preferred.
- Experience in managing/coordinating events and functionality of Raiser’s Edge database system preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to SEO’s mission, purpose, and values.
- Experience and ease in working with multi-cultural, socio-economically, and politically diverse populations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up/entrepreneurial environment.
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V
SEO offers a competitive annual salary and participation in Oxford medical plans, Guardian Dental and Visions Plan, provides a health reimbursement plan, a retirement plan, excellent vacation, personal and sick days, along with 13 paid holidays.
Minimum Education Required