Details: Commensurate with experience
3 Columbus Circle
Jazz at Lincoln Center (JALC) is one of the world’s leading performing arts organizations, with a mission “to entertain, enrich and expand a global community for jazz through performance, education and advocacy”. A 501(c)3 organization that is now in its 30th year, JALC offers a full concert season with the Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra (JLCO) with Wynton Marsalis (and many guests) at its home of Frederick P. Rose Hall, “The House of Swing”, on the corner of Central Park at Columbus Circle in New York City; regularly tours the JLCO in the US and abroad; operates a wide array of educational programs, from WeBop for kids through the year-long high school music program “Essentially Ellington”, now in its second decade; and has begun a global suite of jazz advocacy initiatives ranging from free HD live webcasts and online teaching tools to local community-based advocacy programs.
Jazz at Lincoln Center (JALC) is looking for a Digital Designer that is a passionate visual storyteller and eager to extend that passion to create engaging cross-platform, multi-screen experiences for the Brand, Sales and Marketing department. Interfacing primarily with members of the Creative team, internal departments at JALC and third party external vendors, the Digital Designer will implement and design projects based on strategic and communication goals.
- Hands-on visual design and compositions in movement with typography, photography and video.
- Strong understanding of how to elevate an existing brand while adhering to existing brand guidelines.
- Ensure proper design and communication of the Jazz at Lincoln Center brand and identity.
- Effectively work across platforms independently as well as collaborate with print designers to develop and implement multi-screen concepts and campaigns.
- Design a variety of digital marketing collateral and content marketing experiences in support of JALC and Dizzy’s Club Coca-Cola.
- Stay up to date with the latest design trends and technology.
- Meet across departments to discuss project scope, timeline, and present design concepts and final layout.
- Maintain vendor relationships and facilitate timely production and delivery of requested materials.
- Coordinate workflow by reviewing design requests to maintain awareness of assignments and deadlines.
- Work to extend the overall jazz experience throughout JALC’s venues.
- Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) and archive digital materials for rapid location and retrieval.
- Complete other relevant duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with content marketing, visual and motion design, social media, video or interactive design.
- Strong skills with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects).
- Motion/animation/GFX design skills.
- Retouching/image processing skills.
- Knowledge of promotional, campaign, email and experiential design.
- Branding and identity skills.
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Familiarity with best practices regarding graphics, photos, and video for social media.
- Ability to understand and work within JALC’s graphic design standards.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to discuss one’s designs.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to function as a team player and work collaboratively.
- High level of motivation, along with an ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Print design experience or desire to learn.
- Knowledge of or keen interest in and appreciation of jazz and jazz culture.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including generous vacation time, medical, dental, a defined contribution plan and deferred compensation plans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Digital Designer in the subject line.