Details: Salary commensurate with education and experience.
2 Court Square
Long Island City
The City University of New York School of Law, nationally acclaimed for its program of clinical legal education, its diverse student body and faculty, and its public interest law program, invites applications for the position of Confidential Executive Assistant to the Dean of the Law School.
The Executive Assistant to the Dean serves as the Dean's Executive Secretary and is the key administrator of the systems, calendar, and organization of the Dean’s Office. Key functions include the development and maintenance of document and information retention and retrieval systems, strategic prioritization of calendar activities both for the Dean’s Office and school wide, development and management of relationships with key law school influencers, including Law School Board members, Law School donors and supporters, key alumni, and the Bench and Bar. Other key functions include tracking and management of internal, University, and external deadlines and project completion.
Other duties will include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the initial point-of-contact for all internal and external visitors. Respond to requests on behalf of the Dean for general information and assistance regarding programs and services offered across the Law School, referring matters to other areas of the college as necessary; track referred items to completion
- Interface with faculty, senior staff, alumni and external executives, community leaders, government, vendors etc.
- Develop standard operating procedures to facilitate efficient organization and coordination of tasks and effective communication with senior leadership.
- Schedule, coordinate and maintain clear, accurate calendar and back-up documentation necessary to prepare the Dean for internal and external meetings and travel.
- Perform complex duties requiring high level of interpersonal and problem-solving skills, as well as considerable degree of tact, diplomacy, decision-making, and confidentiality.
- Conduct research in response to the initiatives of the Dean and the Law School and prepare relevant documents and materials and produce written summaries of results.
- Design and compose correspondence, spreadsheets, graphics, reports, presentations, meeting agenda, memorandum, external mailing, etc
- Administer complex administrative assignments of a broad and varied nature.
- Process, track and maintain records for all fiscal transactions and budgeting relating to the Dean’s Office, including purchasing and record-keeping - purchase requisitions, credit card purchases, petty cash reimbursements, budget reports, budget reconciliation, credit card reconciliation
- Utilize procurement credit card to make routine purchases on behalf of the Law School and Dean’s
Non-standard work hours may be required.
- Four years of experience with executive administrative support and experience supporting teams strongly preferred.
-The selected candidate will possess excellent organizational, communication (oral, written and electronic) and interpersonal skills along with an ability to work in an extremely fast-paced, deadline- oriented office that requires accuracy, customer service and a high degree of professionalism at all times.
- Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet skills are essential
- PeopleSoft, LexisNexis, Westlaw preferred
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently, be self-directed and work as a member of a team.
- Experience in project management including, planning, organizing, coordinating and evaluating the progress of projects to their successful completion preferred
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required