- Job posted by The Children's Inn at the National Institutes of Health
7 West Drive
The Development and Communications Assistant provides support to the Development and Communications Department and is responsible for coordinating various projects relative to the department and selected initiatives at The Inn.
· Provide support for fundraising and communications events and activities:
o Plan and implement events or may have key responsibility for certain aspects of an event.
o Develop in-kind solicitation list and tracking of auction items.
o Responsible for the Hope Auction to include solicitation and tracking of auction items, descriptions etc.
· Schedule and organize meeting logistics to include surveying members for dates, reserving meeting locations, sending meeting notices, recording minutes, disseminating minutes and follow-up as needed.
· Support donor recognition activities including: annual donor wall update, donor events, publication and website listings, and recognition gifts.
· Assist with Raiser’s Edge gift entry, donor acknowledgements, and data entry as requested.
· Responsible for coordinating state solicitations.
· Support communication functions, events, tours and speaking engagements.
· Represent The Inn at community events and organizational meetings.
· Responsible for design of The Inn’s newsletter as well as supporting the
production of eNews, brochures, flyers, auction materials, ads, invitations and other materials as needed.
· Coordinate the production of printed materials across the organization, including letterhead, business cards, notecards, brochures, and merchandise.
· Greet and provide general development and communications information, assistance, and directions to visitors, residents and their families while providing a high level of customer service.
· Perform clerical duties on an as-needed basis, including filing, mailings, word processing, spreadsheets in excel, entering and extracting information from donor database.
· Participate in regularly scheduled team meetings.
· Make recommendations to support supervisory decision-making.
· May supervise interns and/or volunteers.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required.
At least one year Development/Fundraising experience preferred. Must possess knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office. Desktop publishing and Database Management software helpful, ideally Raiser’s Edge.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Must be able to handle multiple tasks of high priority in a professional, efficient and confidential manner. Ability to work under pressure and to respond flexibly and resourcefully to workload fluctuations as necessary. Must be able to project the professional, caring image of The Children’s Inn with poise and tact.
Must be in good general health with no history of chronic diseases that could be hazardous to the residents of The Children’s Inn.
Official schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.; however, the Development and Communications Coordinator must be flexible with weekly schedule based on the needs of Development & Communications events on and off-site to include occasional evenings and weekends.
competitive compensation and outstanding benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information about The Children's Inn, please visit out website at www.childrensinn.org or apply directly at https://recruit.hirebridge.com/v3/application/applink.aspx?cid=7549&jid=321059