Details: $22-$24/hour depending upon experience
3543 18th Street, #1
About Parents for Public Schools of San Francisco (PPS-SF)
Our vision is that all San Franciscans are committed to the success of every public school in the city.
PPS-SF promotes the fundamental value of public education and pursues the success of every public school by sharing knowledge, bridging communities, and informing policy. Since 1999, we have helped over 275,000 families navigate San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD) enrollment and become leaders in their schools, building a parent community dedicated to the success of each child in every family.
The Enrollment Coordinator works under the supervision of the Policy Director to support the vision of the PPS-SF Enrollment Program. This position focuses on program delivery and coordination as well as partner development and maintenance.
The PPS-SF office is located in the Mission District of San Francisco. Primary duties of the Enrollment Coordinator take place in a variety of locations across the city. Remote work is also possible.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule fee-for-service and grant funded enrollment workshops in support of income goals and grant deliverables.
- Identify and cultivate fee-for-service revenue including preschools, PTAs, public and private schools.
- Coordinate and update PPS-SF Enrollment program and curricula.
- Create and maintain expert knowledge of SFUSD student assignment policies.
- Present SFUSD enrollment workshops at preschools, public libraries, community based organizations, and SFUSD sites across San Francisco.
- Train Enrollment Coaches and Parent/Family Leaders to present Enrollment Workshops as needed.
- Create and maintain relationships and represent PPS-SF at community events, meetings and other relevant opportunities to build support for PPS-SF's mission and create opportunities to collaborate.
Administrative & organizational support
- Serve as an active member of the PPS-SF Team.
- Event support (Annual General Meeting, fundraisers) as needed.
- Provide information for grant writing and reporting as needed.
- Assist PPS-SF Team with enquiries from families and public.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
- 3-5 years professional of related work experience
- Proven, superb organizational skills.
- Facilitation/presentation experience with participants who are socio-economically and linguistically diverse.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to navigate San Francisco’s diverse populations.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Technology skills: MS Office Suite, Google Apps, internet skills, database experience (experience with Salesforce, Eventbrite and MailChimp a plus).
- Consistent access to an insured car (mileage reimbursed).
- Valid CA driver’s license
- Working knowledge and experience of San Francisco Unified School District.
- Deep knowledge of San Francisco’s diverse communities.
- Ability to present workshops in a language other than English.
PPS-SF does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
10-20 hours per week.
Hours variable based upon season with more hours in the fall and fewer in the spring.
This is a school-year position with 8 weeks unpaid summer break.
Prorated vacation, sick leave and holidays.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and with facilitation/presentation experience with participants who are socio-economically and linguistically diverse.
Ability to present workshops in a language other than English would be preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume (Word Doc or PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the "Enrollment Coordinator - First Name_Last Name" in the subject line.