Details: Commensurate with experience.
445 Church Street
For over 40 years, Children's Council has been at the heart of child care in San Francisco. Our mission is to connect families to child care that meets their needs and to work with parents, providers and community partners to make quality child care and early education a reality for all children in our city. We believe all families need access to quality, affordable child care. Parents need reliable child care so they can work, and children need nurturing care and early education to prepare them for school and for life. If you want to be a child care champion in our community, we want you on our team.
KEY QUALITIES TO HAVE:
· Human Resources is your passion- you will be a great asset and strategic thought partner for the HR Team.
· You thrive in a busy environment- you easily balance being available to staff and staying focused on details that matter.
· You are an excellent manager of time – you take pride in getting the work done.
· You are innovative, enthusiastic, and aren’t afraid to share new ideas to improve the service to our staff.
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for performing HR-related duties at a professional level, with a high degree of independence and critical thinking. This position works closely with the HR Director, and will be a thought partner in exploring ways HR can meet the needs of our 100+ employee family. In this role, s/he/they will support and provide hands on assistance to all staff to support their understanding and processing of benefits, enrollment, and election options. Along with managing the benefit processes, s/he/they will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all state and federal regulations, audit requirements, LOA’s, and reporting.
· Develop, recommend, and implement staff policies and procedures; maintain and update the staff handbook as policies and procedures change; perform benefits administration which include claims resolution/changes and bill reconciliations.
· Along with the HR Assistant, you will manage the recruitment for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; work with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conduct reference checking; extend job offers.
· Assist employees with qualifying events to ensure they make timely changes to their benefit plans when needed.
· Prepare and conduct new hire orientations to ensure those eligible for benefits complete the required enrollment forms; similarly, ensure benefit separations are processed.
· Manage and work with benefits brokers to coordinate the annual open enrollment processes for all insurances as well as FSA, FlexToday and Legal Shield options.
· Work closely with payroll to process and audit all information that goes into the bi-weekly payroll.
· Monitor and audit employee data for accuracy in the HRIS system including: employee status, benefits changes, accurate leave balances, PTO tracking, and benefit enrollment/deductions.
· Prepare, review, and submit annual employment and compliance reports (e.g. IRS Form 5500, Discrimination Testing, ACA, and audit preparation) as needed.
· Manage, coordinate, and advise all staff on the processes pertaining to FMLA, PFL, or any other personal leaves of absence.
· Remain current on SF employment compliance changes (e.g. laws, ordinances, policies, procedures), and update written materials accordingly.
· Work with the HR Assistant to plan and implement agency staff meetings, and other staff events (All Staff meetings, staff recognition events, monthly staff social events, new hire orientations and staff training).
· Other duties as required.
· Bachelor’s degree either in social science, business, or a related field.
· 3-5 years’ experience managing benefits.
· Solid proficiency with ADP (Workforce Now V12 or higher).
· Experience submitting annual reports (e.g. IRS Form 5500, ACA, Discrimination Testing).
· Experience with the administration of FMLA, ADA, COBRA, ERISA, and HIPPA.
· Ability to work independently and with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
· Excellent verbal, written and communication skills with a customer service-oriented work style.
· Extremely strong project and time management skills.
· Experience supervising staff and PHR certification preferred.
· Must be able to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to move throughout the office, access files, meet with clients, and climb four flights of stairs if needed.
· Requires the mental acuity to perform the essential functions as outlined in an accurate and timely fashion.
Children’s Council is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as central to our work serving the San Francisco community. We encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. Individuals seeking employment at Children’s Council are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Children’s Council is a family-friendly workplace offering full-time eligible employees 22 days paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, 401k with employer match, professional development and training, and health/dental/vision benefits upon successful completion of 30-day introductory period.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format with “HR Manager” in the subject line to: email@example.com