Details: This is a grant-funded part-time position for 25 hours per week.
Piedmont Environmental Alliance seeks a highly-motivated marketing and outreach coordinator to increase the visibility and grow the membership of the organization.
Who We Are:
Piedmont Environmental Alliance (PEA) educates and empowers, builds community, and inspires action to create a healthier, more economically vibrant, and environmentally sustainable community. Based in Winston-Salem, NC, we focus on environmental education, community events, and local advocacy to build the leadership to achieve increased environmental awareness and sustainability practice.
PEA’s innovative education programs - Energy Explorers, Every Drop Counts, and Environmental Debate - reach more than 3,500 students in 150+ Title 1 classrooms in Winston Salem/Forsyth County Schools annually, teaching students vital lessons in math and science, and nurturing the next generation of citizen environmentalists. We engage 8,000 people from around the Triad annually at our signature event, the Piedmont Earth Day Fair, and support other local events that create a more sustainable community. Our Community Engagement Program works with leaders in local neighborhoods to implement small-scale environmental projects.
The Marketing and Membership Coordinator will manage PEA’s on- and offline marketing efforts and coordinate PEA’s growing membership program. The Marketing and Membership Coordinator must be an excellent writer and confident fundraiser, with an understanding of how to motivate people to take action. Responsibilities:
Manage and grow the organization’s digital marketing program, including:
- Writing and sending email content that engages PEA’s membership, raises money, and advocates for action to create a more sustainable community.
- Overseeing the organization’s social media presence and posting compelling content to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Regularly updating the PEA website and blog.
- Collecting and analyzing key metrics for all online marketing.
- Serving as chair of the PEA Marketing Committee.
- Partnering with other non-profits organizations to reach new audiences through email campaigns and events.
- Researching and proposing professional development opportunities for all PEA staff members to ensure best practices, particularly around marketing and fundraising.
Coordinate PEA’s membership program and donor database, by:
- Organizing a twice-yearly membership drive, including developing plans and materials to support staff and board participation.
- Cultivating existing PEA members through dynamic written materials, thank you letters, emails, and web content.
- Participating as a staff leader in membership fundraising.
- Using the organization’s donor database to track and update membership.
Act as an ambassador for PEA in the community by attending community events, building connections with individuals and groups, and collecting information and donations.
Support key PEA events, including the Piedmont Earth Day Fair, the Environmental Debate Tournament, and Green Drinks Winston-Salem.
We are looking for you, if:
- You have a personal passion for the outdoors, environmental stewardship and sustainability, and have taken action to get involved in the issues you care about.
- You are a polished writer who understands how to effectively communicate online, offline, and in-person.
- You are a strategic thinker, who can use data to improve results and impact.
- You are a community organizer and relationship builder, comfortable reaching out to people of all ages to involve them in our organization.
- You possess superior organizational skills and have a knack for logistics and the ability to manage multiple project simultaneously.
- You enjoy your work and are comfortable with striving for amazing results on a shoestring budget.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher, and a minimum of two years of experience in marketing and community outreach.
Benefits include paid time off and a flexible work schedule.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining why this opportunity is exciting to you to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Marketing and Membership Coordinator” in the subject line. The deadline to apply is August 31. No phone calls please. Piedmont Environmental Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and encourages a diversity of candidates to apply.