WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Launched in October 2018, VOW for Girls is an innovative new social change initiative that aims to galvanize the public and socially conscious brands to raise awareness of and create funding to prevent and end the international child marriage crisis. Co-founded by global human rights activist Mabel van Oranje and Ford Foundation President Darren Walker, VOW seeks to create new and sustainable resources to support the 12 million girls’ futures at risk of child marriage each year.
VOW is seeking a VP of Digital Fundraising and Marketing (reporting directly to the CEO) to create and execute on a strategy that will help VOW grow our audience, reach, and brand awareness, and in turn drive fundraising results. They will spearhead and build our digital fundraising program with a focus on peer-to-peer fundraising, leveraging third-party fundraising platforms, streaming (including YouTube and TikTok), and advising VOW brand partners on integrating VOW into their marketing plans.
VOW’s vision is a world where no child is ever a bride. To achieve that vision we are building an innovative nonprofit organization that lifts up the voices of girls at risk of child marriage and inspires brands, individuals, influencers, engaged couples, and wedding professionals to support the organization and take bold action on this critical cause. You’ll help build our brand with us and in turn, help us safeguard the futures of millions of girls.
Campaign Development and Management
- You will work with the VOW leadership team to produce and manage digital-first campaigns, leveraging key calendar moments like International Day of the Girl, International Women’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Wedding Season, and more.
- You help take ideas from concept to execution, overseeing the development of campaign strategy, materials, and messages, and balancing feedback from various stakeholders.
- Lead on the creation of a year-round digital fundraising and marketing strategy for VOW, planning fundraising and marketing moments that will engage and inspire our supporters to action. With the CEO, set the strategy, vision, goals, and a roadmap for getting there.
- You will be responsible for evaluating VOW’s current digital fundraising tools and infrastructure and will implement new tools, platforms, and tactics that will allow us to scale our peer-to-peer fundraising program with engaged couples and the general public who are passionate about girls’ rights.
- As new tools and platforms are launched, you will work with other internal stakeholders to build a robust digital fundraising program that creates a funnel of prospects through paid digital advertising (including social media ads, Google Grants, paid search ads, and display ads) and leveraging the support of pro-bono media partners, encouraging active fundraising from peer-to-peer fundraisers, and nurturing current donors to become repeat donors. You will be responsible for growing VOW’s presence and audiences on new digital platforms and creating opportunities to leverage these communities for fundraising. Experience with streaming and gaming platforms such as Twitch is a plus, as well as utilizing fundraising plug-ins such as Tiltify that promote frictionless giving at scale.
- Working with the Partnerships team, you will advise and support VOW brand partners on how to best integrate their support of our cause into their internal and external digital channels, including websites, in-store, and social platforms.
Community Growth and Management
- You will work with the Community Engagement team to establish a communications strategy to ensure a consistent arc of multi-channel communication with anyone who wants to support VOW, including couples who align their celebrations with our work.
- You will ensure accurate fundraising reporting and provide data analysis that will inform future strategy decisions and help increase support.
- You will work with our influencer and celebrity engagement consultants to identify emerging voices as well as stay current on trends that could lead to creative, innovative, and inspiring VOW activations to drive awareness and funding.
Management and Oversight
- You will manage a Director of Communications and Marketing, with whom you will collaborate closely.
- You will have oversight of VOW’s relationships with various consultants, including a public relations agency, social media partners, an influencer relations agency, design support, web development, and others as needed.
Success in this role means meeting most, if not all, of the following needs:
- You have at least 10 years of full-time work experience in digital fundraising, digital marketing, communications, or a similar focus for a nonprofit organization or for-profit company with a focus on growing your audience and driving digital lead generation and conversions.
- You are digitally savvy – you see the power of digital tools to build relationships, raise funds and awareness and proactively look for ways to expand your knowledge.
- You have experience with peer-to-peer fundraising platforms like DonorDrive/Classy, CRM systems like Salesforce, email marketing tools like Mailchimp, data analytics tools like Google Analytics and Sprout Social, fundraising plug-ins like Tiltify, and social listening and community management tools like Orbit and Discord.
- You have demonstrated experience and ideas on how to leverage data and testing to drive performance, audience targeting and segmentation, and optimization. You have experience managing digital projects to completion, often alongside external agency partners, with a lens toward resource and budget management.
- You care about the details and are committed to producing work that is of the highest quality. You have the ability to effectively collect, organize, distill, and present information in a compelling yet concise manner while paying attention to details.
- You are a thoughtful communicator. You work collaboratively and respectfully. You have a demonstrated ability to actively listen, problem solve and take initiative – with a strong customer service mentality.
- You have exceptional judgment and emotional intelligence. You’re a careful listener and can read the room. You demonstrate personal integrity and dedication.
- You want to help build an organization, taking VOW from an early-stage startup to a global philanthropic initiative and you thrive in fast-paced environments. You have a proven background in collaborating cross-functionally and working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have a passion for gender equality and girls’ rights coupled with the spirit and drive of a social entrepreneur.
- You are prepared to travel on occasion, including to quarterly meetings of the full VOW team.
- You hold a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or relevant work experience.
- You are legally authorized to work in the United States by the first day of employment.