Safe Horizon's mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
The Restitution Program is responsible for the collection and disbursement of court-ordered restitution to crime victims for unreimbursed expenses related to the crime.
- Enters new cases into the Restitution database for processing
- Establishes and maintains client files and records
- Processes daily accounts receivables and payables
- Prepares daily recording schedules (e.g., log books, cash receipts, cash disbursements)
- Responds to general payment inquires via email and/or phone
- Informs supervisor of any collection on a past due accounts and any accounts in arrears
- Remits client late notices
- Prepares deposit slips and makes bank deposits as needed
- Performs administrative tasks such as filing, sorting, distributing mail, copying, and faxing
- Provides assistance at other restitution program locations, as needed
- Other ad hoc duties, as directed by supervisor
Qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Strong MS computer skills (i.e., Excel), math skills and ability to use a calculator
- Detail oriented
- General accounting experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Check and balance awareness
- Able to work in a team environment
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to interface with diverse population in a crisis driven environment
- Comfortable communicating with defendants.
- Bilingual capability in Spanish desirable
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Minimum Education Required