Details: Annual: Salary commensurate with experience and education.
About the CUNY School of Professional Studies:
CUNY SPS provides online and on campus degree and certificate programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking for a seamless way to finish or transition into a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers.
Home to the first fully online degree programs at the City University of New York, CUNY SPS offers fully accredited online degree and certificate programs for students who want the flexibility and convenience of online education.
CUNY SPS is partnering with the NYC Department of Homeless Services (DHS) to create and manage a comprehensive learning program to support DHS employees as they work to prevent and address homelessness in New York City. Specifically, the program will (1) assess policy, documentation and training needs, (2) develop and implement policy and procedure to support shelter operations, and (3) train DHS employees on operational processes and city mandated topics.
The Program Director will partner with DHS stakeholders and oversee all aspects of the learning program. Responsibilities include leading need assessments; managing deliverable timelines, risks and issues; developing communication and reporting mechanisms; and recruiting, onboarding and leading a team of procedure writers, curriculum developers, and instructors to support the development and implementation of program deliverables, in addition to the detailed list of responsibilities below.
The DHS Program Director will:
- Lead project-wide strategic planning including, but not limited to, the implementation of all project planning, deliverable review processes, quality assurance, and project evaluation functions.
- Develop and implement project management techniques to ensure that deliverables are produced on time, within budget, and to specified scope.
- Lead need assessment processes, ensuring deliverables are scoped, researched, and designed thoroughly, and implement standardized best practices; provide recommendations for improvement in these areas.
- Recruit, onboard and directly supervise a team of Procedure Writers, Curriculum Developers, and Trainers.
- Define development and review schedules; ensure consistent standards and style guides are applied to all deliverables; review and provide guidance to authors.
- Facilitate regular communications (meetings, conference calls, site visits, etc.) between staff at CUNY, DHS and other potential project partners.
- Identify program metrics and ensure accurate tracking towards program milestones (i.e., deliverable timelines, completed deliverables, training courses, number of participants, etc.).
- Ensure the development of logistical plans for the roll out of courses and the on-going evaluation of instructor performance and training effectiveness are implemented; provide recommendations for improvement in these areas.
- Maintain and expand upon productive relationships with project stakeholders including representatives of City agencies, University administrators, faculty, staff, and independent contractors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in related field.
- A minimum of four (4) years, full-time experience directly related to managing the implementation of complex training, staff development, and/or workplace learning initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of professionals to provide excellent service and high-quality results.
- Strong relationship management skills for working effectively with both external and internal partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to engage in innovative and creative problem solving.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally and build capacity among colleagues from culturally diverse backgrounds and in different project settings.
- Strong writing skills needed to review and produce clear and concise materials.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment, with the ability to carry out complex assignments and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- Experience managing the development of online or eLearning courses, a plus.
- Knowledge of governmental operations, human services, and /or homelessness programs, a plus.
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Americans with Disabilities Act/Protected Veterans Status/E-Verify Employer
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply online at https: rfcuny.org to Position Vacancy Notice: PS-1804-002440 or at the link below: