60 Forest Park Avenue
Full Charge Bookkeeper – Part-Time, Flexible Hours, in Larchmont, New York
Perfect job if you’re an experienced, trustworthy bookkeeper or CPA looking for a part-time position that gives you lots of responsibility, in a friendly church environment, with flexible hours and the possibility of working some of the time from home.
Larchmont Avenue Church (“LAC”) is a Presbyterian (PCUSA) church located in Larchmont, in southern Westchester County, New York, within walking distance of the Metro-North train station, a half-hour train ride from Grand Central. LAC plays an active role in the local community, including by running an accredited preschool program. Church membership totals approximately  people, ranging from families with young children to senior citizens. This position is open because the person who has held it for the past 12 years is about to retire.
The person who holds this job will be expected to keep accurate records of all gifts, expenditures, and church finances, to prepare financial statements, respond to data requests, and carry out all duties with discretion and tact. A more detailed job description is available on request. LAC uses enterprise software provided by ACS Technologies (Automated Church Systems). The part-time job is expected to take an average of 25-30 hours per week. Salary competitive and negotiable.
The skills and knowledge that are required include:
· A minimum of an associate’s degree in accounting from an accredited educational institution
· Practical experience in fund‐based accounting and account reconciliation
· Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Office
· Attention to detail to detail and precision in account reconciliation and report generation
· A commitment to good interpersonal relationships and teamwork, and to confidentiality regarding all church records
· Being highly organized and dependable, and able to effectively perform independently
· Prior church bookkeeping experience is preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email Mr. Jeff Smith, search committee chair, with resume and cover letter at email@example.com.