1085 Washington Avenue
DreamYard collaborates with Bronx youth, families and schools to build pathways to equity and opportunity through the arts.
DreamYard is committed to the principles of arts education, educational equity, and social justice. DreamYard fashions its programs to specifically address the needs of urban communities that are typically underrepresented because of race, sex, ethnicity, religion, and socioeconomic status. Accordingly, we welcome and encourage applications from a diverse range of individuals. Bronx-based and Spanish-speaking applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. DreamYard Project Inc. employs without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other attribute not related to superior performance.
The Programs Associate will report to the Program Coordinator and Director of Art Center Programs and work closely with Art Center administrative team to develop, coordinate, and oversee arts-based programs for middle and high school students that aligned with the DreamYard Art Center’s core values: Activate. Create. Connect. Nurture.
Bronx-based and Spanish-speaking applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. DreamYard Project Inc. employs without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other attribute not related to superior performance.
This is a full time position with occasional evening hours required. Schedule shifts based on program season: Tuesday - Saturday during the academic year (October through May); Monday through Friday during the summer months (June through September).
- Reports directly to Director of Programs
- Works closely with the entire department to provide strong management of programs with Director supervision.
- Provides in class support for Middle and High School aged programs
- Provides strong administrative support, engages in the philosophy and contributes to the workings of the department and has potential for growth.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Communicates directly and sensitively
- Engages diverse groups of stakeholders in working towards common goals
- Sets clear goals and is thorough in all aspects of her or his work
- Some experience working with students in an early childhood educational setting
- Sets high expectation for students, self, and colleagues
- Is a lifelong learner, committed to continual professional development
- Enjoys working both independently and collaboratively towards a common vision
- Thrives in a dynamic work environment; and is flexible and comfortable with organizational change and growth
- Has experience and passion with working with young people who have a broad range of abilities and learning styles is a plus
40% Coordinate high school studio programs
20% Coordinate middle school studio programs
40% Administrative tasks related to programs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated interest or background in the arts and creativity
- 1-3 years of experience working with Middle or High School aged students
- Self-motivated, dynamic and outgoing individual
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to jobs at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "[Your Last Name and Job Title]". Please do not hesitate in reaching out if you have any questions or concerns. No phone calls please.