Details: Commensurate with experience
California Campaign Coordinator [Remote in CA]
About Elected Officials to Protect America
Elected Officials to Protect America is a national initiative to support state and local lawmakers to advance climate and environmental justice and raise the standard for leadership on climate change. We do this via peer-to-peer organizing, communications training, and connections with national and local partners to change policy and de-risk bold action. Our vision is to lay the foundations for comprehensive national climate policy that protects communities, workers, and public health.
Elected Officials to Protect America is supporting local elected officials across California to call for transitioning the state off of fossil fuels and to 100% clean energy. We are seeking an entrepreneurial leader with a successful track record leading initiatives to organize state or local elected officials, growing organizations, building coalitions, promoting policy, and managing communications to serve as a full time campaign coordinator. The California Campaign Coordinator will work with national staff, as well as an in-state team of elected officials, and a dynamic coalition of existing partners to execute the campaign strategy and support elected officials.
- Passionate, results-driven organizing professional who can take direction and operate independently and cooperatively, and work quickly and effectively under pressure
- A passion for progressive, equity-driven solutions to climate change and environmental justice at the state and local level
- Excellent organizational skills and an outside-the-box, creative thinker, with the ability to self-motivate, recruit and manage a team, and drive projects to completion
- Experience with organizing elected officials for sign-on campaigns for state- or national-level advocacy
- Experience organizing press conferences, working with the media, and coordinating with external partners
- Experience recruiting elected officials participants at events and conferences
- Strong interpersonal communications and writing skills
- Website and social media development and management experience
- Based in California, with a strong network of relationships in state or local government, and/or climate or environmental justice organizations in California
- Ability and willingness to handle occasional long hours and travel
Project Deliverables Include
- Recruit and manage a dynamic team and execute on the vision for this exciting initiative
- Work collaboratively with elected officials, team, and partners to identify potential targets for engagement; manage research; and identify creative outreach opportunities, tools, and approaches
- Conduct and manage phone and email outreach to potential signatories and partners
- Engage, build relationships, and coordinate with a statewide network of partners and stakeholders
- Arrange, coordinate, and, facilitate press conferences, policy and communications trainings, strategic meetings, other lawmaker events; provide communications support to participants
- Develop and manage website, branding, social media, news media, video, and all other communications presence
- Develop and manage database of potential and current signatories and partners
- Manage overall campaign logistics and administration
- Support the development of organization’s national programming
Terms: This is a 4-month contracted position with potential to be extended based upon funding and performance.
Compensation: $3,900 to $4,600 per month, commensurate with experience.
Priority Application Deadline: June 5, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include “California Campaign Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Elected Officials to Protect America encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) individuals.