200 High Street
The Annual Giving Associate assists in the development, implementation, and analysis of a comprehensive annual giving program (gifts up to $25,000). As a member of the Individual Giving team, the Annual Giving Associate will assist in the coordination of annual giving efforts including Friends Council, Artemis Circle, direct mail and fundraising events and activities. Annual giving is critical to BGCB’s ability to serve 17,000 each year to remain affordable to our members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for all annual fund initiatives and events including Friends Council, Artemis Circle, Edgerley Engagement Activities, and as needed for primary major local Club fundraising activities
- Prepare meeting materials Artemis Circle Co-Chairs and Leadership Council; Friends Council Annual Meeting, Leadership Committee, and Champion Society Committee meeting
- Assist with regular communication and email reminders to various Subcommittees
- Assist with gathering and preparing data for community-based affinity groups: South Shore Cohasset group, Weston Friends group, and others to support Club fundraising efforts
- Provide special event support for all Artemis Circle, Friends Council and Sandra M. Edgerley Family Engagement Series Event
- Coordinate direct mail data pull for monthly mailing and results analysis with Development Operations team and direct mail vendor
- Regularly update and produce electronic and social media content, coordinating with Marketing and Development Communications teams, including appeals and content updates for BGCB website, Facebook, and other emerging platforms.
- Coordinate reply devices, electronic links, forms, and downloads with Development Operations teams to ensure data accuracy
- Regularly review online giving results and keep Annual Giving team abreast of online giving trends
- Coordinate annual fund acknowledgement process ensuring timeliness and accuracy
- Maintain Annual Giving budget and manage invoice and reimbursement process
- Complete gift forms for all annual giving initiatives and review weekly annual fund gift reports, coordinating and tracking changes with Development Operations.
- Provide Raiser’s Edge database entry for annual giving team including meeting, events, appeals and actions
- Assists with annual fund stewardship efforts
- Work with Development Team in meeting annual fundraising goal
General BGCB Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2-4 years development experience.
- Superior organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with other development and finance team members, senior management, volunteers and Friends Council and Board members.
- Ability to work independently and productively in a team environment. Willingness to meet unexpected demands.
- Excellent writing, analytical and verbal skills.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge required.
- Ability to maintain high level of donor confidentiality.
- Attend and staff various agency and outside events as part of Development Team.
- Willing to join fast-paced, energetic Development Team.
- Flexibility and sense of humor.
- Some early morning, evenings and weekends required.
Minimum Education Required