District of Columbia
Oceana is an international organization which focuses solely on oceans and is dedicated to achieving measurable change by conducting scientific, fact-based campaigns with fixed deadlines and articulated goals. Oceana is dedicated to its advocacy on behalf of oceans and channels their resources in strategic-directed campaigns to achiever measurable outcomes that will help return our oceans to former levels of abundance. These campaigns are regional and international, led by teams of dedicated and talented scientist, economists, lawyers and advocates focused on measuring and achieving tangible results for the oceans.
General Summary of the Position
Oceana is seeking an Associate, Global Risk to join the Global Organizational Services team in Washington, D.C. The position reports to the Oceana’s Global Risk Manager. The Global Risk Manager leads the safeguard of Oceana’s assets through risk planning, risk mitigation and crisis management. The Associate, Global Risk will support the development of Oceana’s effective risk management strategy.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Support risk analysis, development of mitigation strategies and contingency plans for risks and threats affecting the safety and security of Oceana staff
· Assist with the drafting of safety and security policies, training and communication worldwide.
· Monitor and analyze risk management trends in not-for-profit sector, as well as safety and security-related media news.
· Manage day-to-day insurance requests. Prepare and maintain insurance documents such as applications, schedules. Handles claims reporting, request certificate of insurance, premiums processing.
· Assist with renewal process Oceana’s insurance program.
- Provides general administrative support such as managing workflow requiring follow up/action, invoices, scheduling, drafting documents.
- Performs additional duties as needed and/or assigned.
Level of Language Proficiency
· College degree, equivalent combination of education and administrative experience required. Knowledge on insurance and/or risk management preferred.
· Must have the ability to handle many tasks simultaneously, with speed, accuracy, and courtesy, show initiative, and exhibit exceptional level of insightful planning and understanding of abstract concepts. Can pivot/adapt to rapidly changing priorities and track things that are put on the back burner as a result.
· Must have excellent computer skills, including proficiency using word-processing, spreadsheet, and scheduling software. Microsoft Office Suite experience required.
· Must possess excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
· Must maintain strict confidentiality in working with sensitive data.
· Must be able to represent Oceana in a professional and responsive manner.
· Ability to speak and communicate in Spanish a plus.
· Understanding of cross-cultural communication preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please attach a copy of your cover letter to your resume.