Job Description: Community Builder
SHE-CAN (stands for Supporting Her Education Changes A Nation) is a US based organization that is building female leadership globally by helping young women from post-conflict countries win scholarships to US universities. Each scholar is supported by a US mentor team that helps her grow as a leader. You will be part of a growing and dynamic team that will produce some of the world’s next great leaders and change agents. We are at an exciting moment of expansion.
The full-time SHE-CAN Community Builder will act as our external connector who grows and enhances our donor and mentor community in a way that allows our members to feel deeply connected to the organization. This will include building relationships with diverse organizations, building efficient communication systems, hosting inspiring events, and introducing innovative tools.
The Community Builder will report to the Development Manager. This is a full-time position that requires 40 hours/week spent in the office and attending events.
· Grow Mentor Community: Enhance and grow our mentor community by recruiting mentors with diverse and talented backgrounds who can help us grow the organization.
· Grow Scholarship Coalition: Help secure new college commitments through outreach, communication and coordination.
· Grow In-Country Career Opportunities: Engage local organizations interested in offering our scholars career opportunities
· Build Communication Program: Build program that enhances engagement of our mentors and donors so that they feel engaged, energized and motivated to help us grow. Note, the recruiting aspect of this position is focused on mentor (not donor) recruiting. However, the “community building” aspect involves both mentors and donors.
· Initiate and Coordinate Events: Bring fresh ideas to events, and management and coordinate events
· Manage Scholar/Mentor Issues: Help navigate problems that arise within the community with scholars and mentors.
· Has proven themselves to be a powerful community builder with a track record of bringing people together.
· Has self-initiative and ability to drive the growth of our mentor base and extend our demographics to include people of new and diverse backgrounds.
· Highly entrepreneurial with a track record of initiating innovative approaches and ideas
· Has extensive non-profit experience.
· Has extensive event coordination experience.
· Is passionate about women’s education.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
· Has Salesforce or relevant database experience: reports, list-creation, creating new procedures, etc.
· Excited about fully engaging in the women’s leadership movement by identifying, attending and helping us host evening and/or weekend events.
· Comfortable dealing with interpersonal problems
· Detail oriented
· Excellent communicator
Compensation and Benefits
· Competitive salary based on experience.
· The position does not include benefits and requires a computer and smart phone.
SHE-CAN was formerly called Open A Door Foundation
SHE-CAN is located in Mill Valley, CA.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required