The Finance Analyst will be responsible for institute-wide data analyses, supporting the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) and Pricing teams. S/he will conduct analyses related to drivers of costs, cost allocation methodologies, and cost benefit of organizational decisions. The analyst will support the ongoing implementation of the VENA budgeting system and financial management of the IKM systems department. The analyst will compile data and recommendations in formats that are professional and easily understood by managers, to support decision making. The analyst will also support the pricing team by looking at data on functional costs and informing pricing models, preparing cost proposals for internal and external clients, and entering pricing data into VENA. Work is carried out independently under general supervision.
- Conduct organization-wide data analyses to inform organizational decision-making
- Support ongoing VENA budgeting implementation and participant budgeting rollout in VENA
- Financial management and reporting for IKM systems department
- Conduct cost analyses to inform pricing models and practices
- Prepare cost proposals and enter pricing data into VENA
Education and Work Experience:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in order to apply subject matter of a specialized technical discipline.
Requires no (0) years of related work experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to use excel to analyze large data sets; proven ability to create and explain data reports and analyses
- Ability to effectively format spreadsheets and presentations for presentation and review
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter able to generate and complete projects under limited supervision
- Experience with PeopleSoft and/or in-house or online database systems a plus.
- Exercise discretion on confidential matters.
- Proven ability to develop visual representations of data that are accurate, clear, professional, and visually appealing
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Less than 10%
Minimum Education Required