The Administrative Assistant is responsible for aiding the daily operations of the PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation through administrative support. Our Mission is to promote education by providing scholarships and programs to Greek American students who, guided by the values of their Hellenic upbringing, have the potential to become life-long significant achievers and contribute meaningfully to society. Our Vision is to build a better America through Education and Hellenism. This position requires accuracy and strong organizational skills, attention to detail, initiative, and ability to multitask and interact with the public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Serves as first point of contact for the organization.
· Fields emails, phone calls, and other inquiries relating to the Foundation, working with Staff.
· Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
· Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
· Performs basic bookkeeping tasks including bill paying, check cutting, mailing checks, making deposits, invoicing, running financial reports, assisting with annual audit, files, etc.
· Maintains and manages Foundation’s databases, including but not limited to donor database, mailing list, alumni database, and organization database.
· Purchases office supplies and keeps storage room stocked and organized.
· Assists with the scheduling and planning of all meetings including Board of Directors, Academic Committee, Alumni Board, Advisory Board, and all other committee meetings as required.
· Works to successfully market all of the Foundation’s programs and events, working with graphic designer, printer, and various ad-hoc committees.
· Takes minutes at all meetings.
· Manages repair and maintenance of office equipment, including computers, phones and printers.
· Performs general administrative support.
· Work with event planner to ensure the annual Awards Ceremony & Gala and Alumni Weekend is a success.
· Assist with coordination of event logistics.
· Manage all Alumni Weekend Awards Ceremony & Gala volunteers.
· Assist with taking reservations for the Awards Ceremony & Gala.
· Work with
all various vendors to ensure all needed supplies and services are completed.
· Responding to, or directing inquiries received in general email account.
· Assist with print and electronic newsletters.
· Assist with eblast and mass emails.
· Assist with website updates.
· Assist with social media posts.
· Assist with donor communications, including appeal and thank you letters.
· Coordinate bulk mailings.
· Maintain organizational archives.
Additional tasks as directed by Foundation Management
Executive Director, Trustees, Board Members, Advisory Board Members, and Director of Scholarship may have additional tasks they will need assistance with, but will be responsible for these tasks, not the Administrative Assistant. TBD
Requirements, Skills & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalent experience (2-3 years as an Administrative Assistant preferred).
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Proficient in Constant Contact, Mailchimp or similar.
· Proficient in QuickBooks.
· Proficient or familiarity with Donor Database software/CRM software
· Strong data entry skills.
· Experience in social media and organizational posting.
· Excellent organizational and planning capabilities.
· Proficiency with Word Press, Wix, Square Space or similar.
· Ability to manage multiple projects within designated timelines while delivering high-quality results.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient in communicating information over the telephone.
· Fluent in Greek speaking and writing.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for aiding the daily operations of the PanHellenic Scholarship Foundation through administrative support. Our Mission is to promote education by providing scholarships and programs to…
Greek (Modern)- Fluent
Greek (Modern)- Fluent