All CFF employees must demonstrate commitment to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s core values, as follows :
- Keeping sight of what really matters : Our decisions are based on what is best for people with cystic fibrosis and their families.
- Aspire for excellence in all we do : We take pride in our work. This includes a commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Stronger together : Cystic Fibrosis Foundation employees collaborate and work together so that we can learn more and achieve more.
- Innovate with Courage : Cystic Fibrosis Foundation employees embrace challenges. We reach beyond boundaries in pursuit of our vision.
- Care about our people : Cystic Fibrosis Foundation employees deeply care about each other and all who support our shared mission. We listen with respect. We support one another.
The Investments Intern supports the Investments Team with the oversight and management of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s $5 billion investment portfolio. The Internship is centered around learning, development, and collaboration with the Investments Team. The Intern assists in implementing operational best practices to support the total investment program, executing the investment strategy, and researching new investment opportunities.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to investment manager diligence and monitoring efforts through project-based work
- Research investment strategies, sector verticals, geographic markets, and other areas that offer potential investment opportunities and provide findings to the Investment Team
- Assist with note taking during existing and prospective manager meetings, and upkeep of Investment Team databases
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Working toward a four-year college degree (Rising seniors strongly preferred)
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members to accomplish objectives
- Ability to prepare well-written, organized material and present recommendations in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information and data
- Ability and interest in researching and uncovering new insights
- Ability to communicate effectively and foster deep relationships
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN/GAIN DURING THE INTERNSHIP:
- Basics of endowment and foundation investing
- Fundamentals of asset allocation and portfolio management
- Introduction to multiple investment asset classes
- Exposure to investment opportunities in a wide variety of sectors and geographies
- Standard office environment
The above is intended to describe the general content of an requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.