Post Oak Boulevard
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Family Philanthropy Manager is responsible for managing and growing Next Gen programs, clients and prospects and further developing the Center for Family Philanthropy’s donor pipeline and programs. The manager is also responsible for helping develop the leadership skills of the next generation of philanthropists.
- Relationship Management and Stewardship
- Relationship management and stewardship of Next Gen alum and prospects
- Steward a portfolio of current GHCF donors.
- Program planning and coordination
- Manage the Next Gen Donor Institute and Alumni Network including producing materials for all classes and activities.
- Facilitate Next Gen giving circle and steering committee
- Serve as support to Communications and Marketing Manager for CFP events
- Business Development
- Recruit new clients for the Next Gen Donor Institute and other CFP programs, including the Family Giving Circle
- Participate in and follow-up on prospect meetings with Senior Director or Director of Advisor Relations
- Create a development plan for a portfolio of current donors
- Data and knowledge resources management
- Use CRM and other technologies to update and analyze data related to Next Gen alumni and prospects and Center for Family Philanthropy families (Salesforce & FIMS)
- Manage and analyze metrics and surveys related to Next Gen and donor activities
- Curate/create new resources for CFP donors and Next Gen alum
- Work with creative team and Communications/Marketing Manager to create and implement communications plan for Next Gen and the CFP.
- Create content for email communications for Next Gen and CFP activities
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Experience and knowledge
7 – 10 years’ experience required.
Experience with/knowledge of the following:
- Working with high-net wealth donors/audiences including providing stewardship and creating development plans
- Knowledge of nonprofit sector and philanthropy, local knowledge a plus
- Demonstrated ability to present to individuals and groups
- Event/Program coordination
- Experience facilitating leadership development
- Project management – demonstration of managing multiple projects at a time
- Building peer-learning opportunities
- Experience with foundations and/or grant-making, a plus
- Working with families - relationship management, a plus
- Strong project management skills – detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to keep donors and their records confidential
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Research and problem-solving
- Facilitation skills, a plus
- Work outside of regular business hours as necessary
- Regularly drive to meetings and events around the Greater Houston area
- Occasionally lift or move objects of moderate weight
- (boxes of printed materials, centerpieces, promotional items)
- Sit or stand for periods of several hours at a time
- Use a keyboard and monitor for periods of several hours at a time
The Greater Houston Community Foundation is thinking big. We’re impacting the community and our donors’ initiatives with the most comprehensive, aligned and focused philanthropic resources, expertise and giving platforms. As one of Houston’s largest grant makers, we provide individuals, families, corporations, and advisors with the ability to reach beyond what they could ever have imagined to expand philanthropic impact.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
GHCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of a person’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. GHCF does not discriminate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required