Details: Competitive compensation and benefits package
47 West Street
WHO WE ARE
Located in downtown Boston, Bridge Over Troubled Waters is the city’s premier organization dedicated to transforming the lives of runaway, homeless and high risk youth through safe, supportive, and encouraging relationships and effective and innovative services that guide them toward self-sufficiency and fulfilling, meaningful futures. After more than 40 years, it remains a national model and program incubator for youth development services which are effective in helping the most troubled and vulnerable homeless youth to turn their lives around. If you care about making a difference in the lives of young people, we are interested in hearing from you! To learn more about us, visit www.bridgeotw.org.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, our Facilities Manager is responsible for the management of the day to day maintenance and functioning of our buildings and for developing the systems and controls necessary to ensure the safety, security and proper maintenance of all of our physical assets and properties.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Plans and directs the facility related activities and works with the Director of Finance and Administration to provide oversight of the maintenance of all Bridge buildings and physical assets
- Establishes preventative maintenance programs, oversees processes needed for maintenance, emergency repairs, safety programs, and renovations
- Works closely with the Director of Finance and Administration to implement best facilities and maintenance practices, and to actively participate in gas and energy reduction efforts and goals.
- Reviews HVAC, security and fire systems, monitors safety compliance, coordinates inspections and ensures compliance with codes and regulations
- Negotiates contracts with vendors who provide services, supplies, and special facilities projects; obtains competitive bids from contractors and oversees their work and related budgets
- Oversees routine maintenance schedules of HVAC, major appliances and equipment in all locations
- Responds to emergency situations as appropriate during working and off-hours
- Provides oversight and compliance with fire inspections and keeps log of drills; ensures compliance with insurance, licensing and regulatory agencies
- Assesses the allocation of existing space, current needs, and assigns or reassigns as necessary
- Creates and maintains an inventory system for supplies, keys, and equipment; orders and distributes supplies
- Participates in developing an operating budget for facilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
You should have a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five years of facilities and management experience and familiarity with all maintenance trades, including plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, carpentry and painting. You should have the proven ability to prioritize multiple projects in a dynamic environment; excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills; and be able to maintain excellent relationships with outside constituents. Knowledge of Microsoft Office software is also required.
We provide competitive compensation and excellent benefits including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employer paid Life, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation, Holiday, Sick, Personal and Birthday Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
Minimum Education Required