Details: Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
8 West 126th Street
The Education Trust-NY
The Education Trust–New York (ETNY) seeks a full-time Operations Associate. They will assist with the day-to-day operations of the ETNY office/organization.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Education Trust–New York (ETNY), is a nonpartisan, data-driven nonprofit education advocacy organization. We are fierce advocates for the high academic achievement of all students—from early childhood through college completion—particularly for students of color or living in poverty. Through both research and advocacy, our goal is to close the gaps in opportunity and achievement that consign far too many young people—especially those from low-income families or who are Black, Latino, or American Indian—to lives on the margins of the American mainstream. We work alongside parents, educators, policymakers, and community and business leaders transforming schools and colleges into institutions that serve all students well.
ETNY serves as the New York State affiliate of the national Education Trust, which is headquartered in Washington D.C., and includes additional state offices in California and Michigan.
The Operations Associate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Provide meetings and events support, including scheduling, correspondence, and logistics.
· Assist with finance processing, including expense reports and check requests.
· Assist with recruiting and on-boarding of new staff, interns, and fellows.
· Coordinate incoming requests for technical assistance, data analysis, and speaking engagements.
· Assist with policy report releases.
· Support Communications Director with ETNY website management.
· Provide assistance with tracking ETNY’s current funder deliverables.
· Coordinate grant logistics (deadline dates/submission dates/interim reports), proposals, awards, and reporting requirements in coordination with ETNY staff.
· Serve as liaison with building staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
We are looking for a combination of the following qualifications and experience:
· Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously and track complex tasks across multiple stakeholders.
· Desire to continuously improve systems with an eye towards efficiency and ease of access.
· Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
· A demonstrated ability to plan effectively, but the flexibility to handle the unexpected.
· Undergraduate degree required.
· One to two years of professional experience preferred.
· Passion for improving the educational experiences and outcomes for low-income students and students of color, and an unwavering belief that these students could be much more successful if institutions better served them.
· Self-starter mentality and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Goal-oriented, project-oriented, and achievement-oriented.
· A friendly and supportive working style that brings out the best in colleagues.
The Education Trust–New York offers a comprehensive benefits package.
The Education Trust–New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in all facets of the organization’s work.
Minimum Education Required