Program Manager - Parkinson's Family Support Program
- Job posted by Jewish Family & Children's Service of Greater Boston
The Charlotte and Richard Okonow Parkinson's Family Support (OPFS) Program is a well-established program within the Services for Older Adults division of JF&CS. The program's constellation of services includes: Parkinson's Dance, Tremble Clef Chorus, a quarterly information and networking group, and caregiver support groups. It has a dedicated and professional team that provides direct services. The Program Manager is responsible for maintaining the overall flow and quality of the program by providing: fiscal monitoring, supervision, and interfacing with participants, JF&CS staff as well as consumers and external organizations. The Program Manager will work with the JF&CS Institutional Advancement team to maintain and identify new funding sources. This will entail periodic meetings with existing and potential donors. This is a part-time position of 18 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assess referrals for potential participants
- Provide skilled information and referral assistance to members of the PD community
- Ensure quality and compliance of services provided within agency standards and policies
- Maintain oversight of all program functions
- Partial supervision of the PD Dance instructor, support group facilitator and choral director
- Develop and maintain community resource contacts and serve as agency liaison to the community
- Prepare timely reports and records
- Participate in meetings and events as needed
- Collaborate with community organizations to stimulate referrals
- Other duties as required
- MSW, LICSW, or allied health masters level.
- Demonstrated program management experience including supervision
- Relevant experience with a geriatric or neurologically involved population.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license and car.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (excel, word, outlook, power point)
JF&CS believes in developing talent and offers extensive opportunities for promotion for highly qualified employees. JF&CS offers an excellent work environment with competitive salary and a benefit package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and employee referral bonuses.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered. We regret that we cannot take phone calls regarding this position. JF&CS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
JF&CS has gone tobacco free at our Waltham campus.