The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for an Industry Relations Sales Manager position. It is an integral part of the OSA Industry Relations sales team. The Sales Manager has overall responsibility for selling print and digital advertising for OSA’s OPN Magazine as well as overall responsibility for selling exhibit space and sponsorships for OSA’s Congresses and Topical Meetings, CLEO (the Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics), FiO (OSA’s annual conference, Frontiers in Optics), and OFC (Optical Fiber Communication) Conference and Exhibition. To succeed in this position, the Sales Manager must take initiative, ownership and have strong sales management skills. He/she will be assigned as Project Lead on behalf of a segment of the meetings and exhibitions portfolio each year. The Sales Manager will need to be an effective communicator and build strong relationships between OSA and optics and photonics companies. Sales Manager will need to be in regular communication with prospects by phone, email, and videoconference. The main goal in this position is to meet and/or exceed revenue goals for OSA’s Congresses and Topical Meetings (OPC meetings), CLEO (the Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics), FiO (OSA’s annual conference, Frontiers in Optics), and OFC (Optical Fiber Communication) Conference and Exhibition, and OSA’s OPN Magazine.
· Sales lead on assigned exhibitions and meetings. Responsible for managing sales budget, sales goals and administrative responsibilities related to maximizing sales pre-show, on-site and post-show.
· Manages each day effectively to efficiently and proactively manages his/her calendar to maximize daily responsibilities (including sales calls, administrative responsibilities and meetings)
· Make high volume outbound sales calls daily.
· Manage sales leads by tracking and following up on sales in a timely manner.
· Initiate conference calls and meetings (pref. in Outlook calendar) with current and potential clients to determine sales and marketing objectives, budget and timing.
· Proactively research and identify new sales prospects, always having a top prospect list readily available
· Maintain an accurate and robust prospect list for all projects to include past participants as well as using competitive publications, websites and trade shows to identify and communicate with new prospects.
· Utilize CRM system to track efforts (including notes and opportunities), update contact details and create accurate sales projections.
· Collaborate with Director, Exhibition and Sponsorship Sales to draft and email proposals to prospects.
· Provide regular sales updates to the Director, Exhibition and Sponsorship Sales, on sales and pipeline activity at weekly meetings and through maintaining renewal reports.
· Write copy and execute outbound e-blasts and mailings.
· Review and email completed exhibit space and sponsorship contracts to the Sales Administrative Coordinator.
· Regularly maintain and update the exhibit sales pages using web content software.
· Regularly maintain and update the exhibit floor plans in Expocad.
· Maintain regular contact with committee members in an effort to leverage personal contacts to maximize potential exhibitor and sponsor revenue.
· Actively and collaboratively participate in regularly scheduled individual, departmental, and organizational team meetings.
· Responsible to the Director, Exhibition and Sponsorship Sales for meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
· Perform other special assignments as directed by the Director, Exhibition and Sponsorship Sales or another senior department leadership
· Ability to problem solve and provide stewardship of association meetings.
Education and Experience
Skills and Abilities:
OSA offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for an Industry Relations Sales Manager position. It is an integral part of the OSA Industry Relations sales team. The Sales Manager has overall responsibility for selling print and digital…