Details: Salary is based on experience.
The True Colors Fund is seeking a Program Associate who is eager to join a collaborative team at a fast-growing organization committed to social justice and equality. This is an exciting opportunity to gain entry-level program experience within a national nonprofit organization and make a real difference in the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ) youth experiencing homelessness across the country.
Through our Training & Education program area we collaborate with communities and service providers to ensure LGBTQ youth experiencing homelessness have access to the inclusive and affirming services they need. The True Colors Fund develops and implements systems at the community level to prevent youth homelessness, while ensuring that any homelessness experienced is rare, brief, and one-time. The Program Associate will work with the Program Director and other staff in our Training & Education program area to assist with the development of tools and resources for service providers across the country supporting LGBTQ young people in their programs.
The Program Associate will be responsible for overall management of the True Colors Inclusion Directory, an online directory of inclusive and affirming service providers across the county. Responsibilities will include tracking activity and conducting outreach to promote growth among the directory. The Program Associate will also be responsible for administering the True Colors Inclusion Assessment, an assessment process to help service provider organizations nationwide gauge their level of inclusivity and safety for LGBTQ youth. The Associate will work with the organization’s communications team to support program-specific communications (emails, blogs, ie.) to stakeholders that is in line with the True Colors Fund’s overall communications strategy. The Program Associate will provide support to the Senior Program Officer and the Program Director on related projects such as developing educational resources, coordinating conference calls webinars, and trainings (remote and in-person).
The position calls for an innovative, driven, fun personality that is passionate about creating meaningful change that impacts marginalized communities.
- Manage and implement the True Colors Inclusion Assessment process to organizations across the country.
- Track relevant activities and prepare reports as needed.
- Develop and lead an outreach and engagement strategy to engage service provider agencies, encouraging them to join the directory.
- Conduct regular maintenance and updates for the True Colors Inclusion Directory.
- Draft program specific email blasts and blog posts and work with the communications team to execute communications.
- Support senior staff with providing remote support to service providers and community stakeholders as needed.
- Work with senior staff to prepare presentations and other educational materials.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Experience with research analysis a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to LGBTQ youth, civil rights, and ending youth homelessness.
- Experience working collaboratively among a project team.
- Detail-oriented and adept at multitasking and planning.
- Willing to travel a few times per year.
- Willing to work remotely when necessary.
- Willing to adapt, take risks, and embrace failure.
- Experience working with or knowledge of content management systems such as WordPress a plus.
- Experience working with or knowledge of a database system such as Salesforce a plus.
The Program Associate has the option to work out of the True Colors Fund’s Washington, D.C. or New York City office.
The True Colors Fund offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and retirement.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please click here to apply for the position. In your cover letter, please highlight in particular why you would like to work at the True Colors Fund, otherwise your resume will not be considered.
The True Colors Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage people with lived experiences of homelessness, people of color, people of diverse gender identities, and women to apply.