199 Fremont St.
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
FULL/PART TIME: Fulltime
The S. D. Bechtel, Jr. Foundation is focused on advancing a productive, vibrant, and sustainable California. Because California faces many challenges that need attention now, the Board of Directors decided in 2009 to invest all the Foundation’s resources by end-of-year 2020 to spur significant, meaningful change sooner, rather than later.
The Foundation’s two program areas are Education and Environment. The Education Program seeks to strengthen educational systems in California to engage K-8 students in STEM, and to support national youth development organizations to improve the character development practices of adult staff and volunteers. The Environment Program includes Water and Land sub-programs. In each of these arenas, the Foundation hopes to leave stronger fields, anchored by enduring, well-run organizations and supported by research and evaluation findings that enhance the understanding of effective policy and practice.
The Administrative Assistant will be an integral part of the Foundation Services team, providing critical administrative support to the two program areas, as well as to the Foundation as a whole. The position reports to the Executive Assistant to the President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Scheduling and meeting preparation
· Successfully manage program team members’ busy calendars, to include efficient scheduling of meetings and conference calls
· Prepare internal meeting materials, to include printing/copying and distribution
· Make travel arrangements for program team members and prepare itineraries and other documents for site visits, conferences, and various off-site meetings
· Assist with logistics for on- and off-site Foundation-hosted meetings with grantees and/or partners, to include locale and meal/refreshment management, production of meeting materials, AV set-up, etc.
· Plan for internal team meetings, take meeting notes, and distribute/archive notes
· Schedule and set up in-office video calls via BlueJeans and Lifesize
· Proofread and edit documents, as requested
· Prepare monthly expense reports for team members
· Provide vacation/out of office coverage for other administrative support staff, as requested
· With other administrative support staff, plan and execute Foundation social activities, to include celebrations of staff milestones (welcome and departure gatherings, baby showers, etc.), in-office holiday celebrations, monthly Strictly Social lunches
· Contribute to improvement of administrative processes
· Assist with the preparation for and execution of quarterly Board meetings, to include preparation and collation of Board book materials, pre-meeting logistical plans, and Board room set-up and take-down
· Provide other administrative assistance to teams, as needed
Knowledge sharing and communication
· Promote Foundation-wide knowledge sharing by participating in:
o Monthly IT meetings
o Monthly Administrative Team meetings
o Quarterly Social Committee meetings
· Communicate accurately and tactfully with external contacts via letters, email and telephone
· Represent the Foundation positively in all interactions
· Three years related work experience and a strong interest in providing high-quality administrative support in a professional office setting
· Bachelor’s degree a plus but not required
· Advanced knowledge of Outlook’s calendaring tools
· Experience with making sensible and economical business travel arrangements
· Ability to successfully source refreshments and meals, to include estimating, ordering and accepting delivery
· Ability to properly prioritize projects and commit to on-schedule completion of assignments
· Integrity, good judgment, and discretion with confidential information
· Excellent writing, interpersonal, and communication skills
· Strong knowledge of other MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Ability to learn new software
· Ability to work well both independently and with a team
· Curiosity, desire to help others, ability to successfully navigate challenges as they come up
· A sense of humor and desire to be a part of a lively and social office culture
A candidate must have the ability to communicate through both oral and written means and to sit for extended periods both in meetings and at a computer.
A competitive compensation package is available, including a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to SDBJrRecruiter@sdbjrfoundation.org with “Administrative Assistant Application” in the subject line. Submissions without the requested subject line will not receive notification that the application has been received. Applications are due by March 12, 2018. Please provide all information electronically, no phone calls.